What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So a question for you fellas...

I have a CCW license and frequently carry.

It has been a loooong time since I was pulled over, but if/when I do get pulled over, I would like to know the preferred procedure to let the officer know I have a weapon and put them at ease that I'm not a threat.

I have the utmost respect for our LEO and want to make their job as stress free as possible.
I've always said, "Hey officer/deputy/sergeant, just as a courtesy to you, I want you to know I'm a conceal carry permit holder and I have a weapon on my person/in my vehicle."

And as a side note, when I was on patrol and people told me that, 2nd ammendment conversation ensued and they didn't leave with a ticket. ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've always said, "Hey officer/deputy/sergeant, just as a courtesy to you, I want you to know I'm a conceal carry permit holder and I have a weapon on my person/in my vehicle."

And as a side note, when I was on patrol and people told me that, 2nd ammendment conversation ensued and they didn't leave with a ticket. ?
Thanks!

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I was slow rolling through an area looking for an business to pick some things up from, and my slow driving caught the attention of the local Five-Oh. After he fell in behind me, I could see him trying talking on the radio. Now he's on the computer. Back on the radio. Looking frustrated. And themn it happened - lights and sirens.

I pulled over, blipped the lights on and off, as he was walking up to the truck. He was laughing so hard when he saw me. He said he saw me driving slow through the area and that got his attention, and when he ran my tag, it wasn't returning. Yep - UC tag! HAHAHA
We got one that I know of that comes back to Jason Bourne ?

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT

It has been a loooong time since I was pulled over, but if/when I do get pulled over, I would like to know the preferred procedure to let the officer know I have a weapon and put them at ease that I'm not a threat.

I have the utmost respect for our LEO and want to make their job as stress free as possible.
Here in TN you don't need a permit so just assume everyone is armed. I still keep my permit and also recommend one so you can carry legally in other states that recognize yours. Most people tend to tell you though and when people ask I tell them you're not required to inform here but I would as a courtesy and also so it becomes habit if you're traveling and it's require to inform there. Because some guys are wired waaaay too tight IMO and if you're in one of those places and don't tell them...well you know

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here in TN you don't need a permit so just assume everyone is armed. I still keep my permit and also recommend one so you can carry legally in other states that recognize yours. Most people tend to tell you though and when people ask I tell them you're not required to inform here but I would as a courtesy and also so it becomes habit if you're traveling and it's require to inform there. Because some guys are wired waaaay too tight IMO and if you're in one of those places and don't tell them...well you know
No CCW needed here either. I got mine for the same reasons so I can carry just about anywhere while traveling. There's only a handful of states that don't recognize AZ permit but I'm sure you can guess which ones they are. :wink:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not required in GA either, but having it means you've been through the background checks and been vetted to a certain extent.

I think that would help ease the officer's mind about you as a potential threat.

Plus the reciprocity with other states can be very important.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

I live in Georgia so I don't need to know you have your CW on you.

My motto is easy, dont touch yours and I wont touch mine.

Firearms are as normal as bread and butter here. If my ticket is going to be punched its going to be punched, I don't spend every interaction on the street worrying about if someone has a gun on them. Some may call that being complicit, but most cops will tell you we have internal spidey-senses that work when they need too.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I live in Georgia so I don't need to know you have your CW on you.

My motto is easy, dont touch yours and I wont touch mine.

Firearms are as normal as bread and butter here. If my ticket is going to be punched its going to be punched, I don't spend every interaction on the street worrying about if someone has a gun on them. Some may call that being complicit, but most cops will tell you we have internal spidey-senses that work when they need too.
Same here in TN. don't have to inform but it'll come back when you run the D/L but since you don't have to have a permit anyway here, just treat everyone like they're armed, like in the movie Shooter. "Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff" :like:
A person behavior determines more how things are going to go not if they have a permit or not.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
You mean a ccw permit won't help if I am a total a$$hole?
That's not fair.

SD4160

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electrical test technician
Received my icon leaf spring pack and rough country tow hook shackle conversions today! (forgot to take a picture of them sitting at work).

Didn't realized the leaf springs themselves don't ship in a box?? I was surpised to walk into the lobby at work and two leaf packs were just laying on the ground. The box of hardware was shipped in a well cushioned, bigger box.

So... got that going for me.

Functionally everything looks fine. ?

Mr Adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Got some Icon 2.5 CDCV rear shocks to upgrade from my current Icon 2.0 RR shocks.

Also having my front 2.5 CO w/RR upgraded to the CDCV version. Icon is having a sale and I needed to have them rebuilt anyway so might as well add the adjustability with the CDCV.
D0EF3551-64E2-4443-9FB3-AE1F0941D662.jpeg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Window deflectors. No name brand but seem to be of high quality. And yeah, 2nd shipment in a row with damages..

Deflectors seem fine thankfully...
IMG_20220817_164443.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Window deflectors. No name brand but seem to be of high quality. And yeah, 2nd shipment in a row with damages..

Deflectors seem fine thankfully...
IMG_20220817_164443.jpg
I like that their in-channel. Post a pic after you install.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
I like that their in-channel. Post a pic after you install.
Will do if my jerry rigging attempt of installing my tonneau cover doesn't put me in a drunken rage quit mood for the weekend.