Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger made a trip to the dump. Time to retire the hot Tub!

hot tub.jpg

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been on here in a few weeks , but I took off the STX factory lettering which had the red X, and put all black letters (outlined in silver, which match the fender vents perfectly), Detailed it, waxed and used 303 Graphene, after which had to do my wife's Toyota so she got something out of it. I think she is tired of me spending money and time with this truck.
Anyway, I painted my fender bolts with my touch up paint I just received (I adjusted my fenders to line them up better, thereby taking some paint off of the fender bolts....yeah, I know). Let's see, what else...? stubby antennae, black Ford decals over the blue (front grille and tailgate) and that's it I guess.

Only other things I am doing after about $900, are: buy the 2 missing tie downs, Bilstein shocks and paint the tow hooks blue....then you can stick a fork in me, because I will be done. I have never purchased a new vehicle and had so much to do to it..some have been just to make it my own, but most have been because it needed done. Oh yeah, replace stock running boards with Westin Pro Traxx, which I had on my F150 and really liked. Then, that will be it for real. If I am still married, I will have to start tinkering with her car...I know her, she will probably start talking about wanting a new one....dammit

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I haven't been on here in a few weeks , but I took off the STX factory lettering which had the red X, and put all black letters (outlined in silver, which match the fender vents perfectly), Detailed it, waxed and used 303 Graphene, after which had to do my wife's Toyota so she got something out of it. I think she is tired of me spending money and time with this truck.
Anyway, I painted my fender bolts with my touch up paint I just received (I adjusted my fenders to line them up better, thereby taking some paint off of the fender bolts....yeah, I know). Let's see, what else...? stubby antennae, black Ford decals over the blue (front grille and tailgate) and that's it I guess.

Only other things I am doing after about $900, are: buy the 2 missing tie downs, Bilstein shocks and paint the tow hooks blue....then you can stick a fork in me, because I will be done. I have never purchased a new vehicle and had so much to do to it..some have been just to make it my own, but most have been because it needed done. Oh yeah, replace stock running boards with Westin Pro Traxx, which I had on my F150 and really liked. Then, that will be it for real. If I am still married, I will have to start tinkering with her car...I know her, she will probably start talking about wanting a new one....dammit
This works like a charm. My princess says I’m spending to much time and money on my truck.

My comeback is, well I could be out with the guys, down the bar, or out in a boat or going to a game or car show. They all cost considerably more in the end than what I have done here. I’m here with YOU right? Don’t you agree? I can try it the other way if you like. I’m easy ?

I usually don’t get an answer. Or get lucky ether but eh, that’s work too! ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This works like a charm. My princess says I’m spending to much time and money on my truck.

My comeback is, well I could be out with the guys, down the bar, or out in a boat or going to a game or car show. They all cost considerably more in the end than what I have done here. I’m here with YOU right? Don’t you agree? I can try it the other way if you like. I’m easy ?

Just do what I do. When they start complaining about all the money you're spending on mods walk over to the closet and point to all her shoes. She'll just roll her eyes and walk away. ?

Closet Full Of Shpes.jpg

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
took off the STX factory lettering which had the red X, and put all black letters (outlined in silver, which match the fender vents perfectly),
Where did you find letters that are the correct size? I ordered a set off the 'bay. but they were huge! F250 size

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Drove it to jury duty. First time it's moved in 3(?) weeks. It should have 1,300 miles on it before the day is over.

I installed the eagle above the garage yesterday, we paid our house off two weeks ago. :D

IMG_20210628_070004007.jpg

And I found the best possible parking spot, as long as the tree doesn't fall on it, lol.

IMG_20210628_072844194.jpg
Congrats on the house! Wonderful feeling! :clap:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Well I'm screwed because I love drinking, I have a boat, and I have a Mustang show car. No wonder my wife is always cross with me! ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Well I'm screwed because I love drinking, I have a boat, and I have a Mustang show car. No wonder my wife is always cross with me! ?
We should start a miniature violin club

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find letters that are the correct size? I ordered a set off the 'bay. but they were huge! F250 size
These are the exact same size as factory, but the difference is they aren't printed on a thin sheet of film like the factory lettering. These are individual (you don't put them on that way of course). Much better in my opinion. An address for a video comes with the product, pull it up online and tells you how to do it. There are other ways, but the windex thing worked perfectly for me. Soapy water works the same way as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Decal-Mods-Blackout-Stickers-2019-2020/dp/B081N3QVXX
4774E8D5-EC43-49E8-9AB2-FCE1D50B1361.jpeg
260F4317-E10D-404C-BD4F-FDAF518C8235.jpeg

Last edited:

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
This past weekend, I rode the Texas Twisted Sisters (our version of Tail of The Dragon)in Tx Hill Country. I ride it about once a year and is always a blast. Spousal unit doesn't ride so Big Red and I, decided to take her for a ride. Lovely day and a nice ride. Passed 30K on the truck, still no issues.

twisted sisters.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg
Sponsored