What did you do to your Ranger today?

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Same tires removed 1.5 spacer. These new to me wheels have a -12 offset. I get what you mean on rack.
Thank you! Please post pictures from various angles. Related to the rack, if you like it and use it, it’s all that matters!
Sponsored

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Since purchasing the Ranger has had an annoying cabin rattle when temperatures drop below 0'C and the car is cold. This is most likely due to plastic covers having different temperature shrinkage factors and one part of the A-pilar cover hitting on the dash/window cover.

Today I finally arsed myself to install my "Anti-Rattle Mk I prototype device" to resolve the issue. Initial testing is positive, no rattles have been observed. On the appearance side the prototype seems to need some additional work though.

And here it is, placed on drives side A-pilar/dash corner.

DSC_0662.JPG

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
When I got off this morning it was still dark enough I could finally go see how my new headlight bulbs look.

Still need to adjust them tho.

I was having flash backs of that Christine movie I watched as a kid.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The brain box is approaching the finish line. Won't be finalized till a little bit later this week I'm waiting on another set of relays and a few other miscellaneous parts to come in. Probably going to buy a piece of acrylic or similar to make a clear lid on this thing with some hinges and put a little computer fan in there to keep air circulating.

Trigger systems may be the hotness and be wireless but this thing is a damn work of art.

@Msfitoy @Glocker

IMG_20211212_231403.jpg

IMG_20211212_231416.jpg

IMG_20211212_231427.jpg

IMG_20211212_231438.jpg
Looking good brother! See you at Skottles!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Since purchasing the Ranger has had an annoying cabin rattle when temperatures drop below 0'C and the car is cold. This is most likely due to plastic covers having different temperature shrinkage factors and one part of the A-pilar cover hitting on the dash/window cover.

Today I finally arsed myself to install my "Anti-Rattle Mk I prototype device" to resolve the issue. Initial testing is positive, no rattles have been observed. On the appearance side the prototype seems to need some additional work though.

And here it is, placed on drives side A-pilar/dash corner.

DSC_0662.JPG
I think I have the same thing happening on the passenger side. It goes away again above 0 degC. It is damn annoying though. My 13 year old STi never had any interior rattles over the 11 years I had it, but my 6 month old Ranger starts creaking the first time temperatures get cold. I guess it's time to investigate...

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
The brain box is approaching the finish line. Won't be finalized till a little bit later this week I'm waiting on another set of relays and a few other miscellaneous parts to come in. Probably going to buy a piece of acrylic or similar to make a clear lid on this thing with some hinges and put a little computer fan in there to keep air circulating.

Trigger systems may be the hotness and be wireless but this thing is a damn work of art.

@Msfitoy @Glocker

IMG_20211212_231403.jpg

IMG_20211212_231416.jpg

IMG_20211212_231427.jpg

IMG_20211212_231438.jpg
That is some nice attention to detail, and looks well laid out!! I still wouldn't let the insurance company see it though..lol

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
Installed my new APG Billet tie rod ends....did my best to measure, and get length the same as before..... test drive went well, everthing felt good, and steering wheel still centered....just for ease of mind..I have an alignment scheduled for tomorrow to check toe angle, before I do any real testing...

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Facilities Director
Installed my Rough Country trifold hard bed cover, fit like a glove, err just like its suppose to.
I've had the Rough Country Trifold on for about 6 months and 10,000 miles. Very happy with it. Fits well and has proven to be pretty water resistant. Enjoy!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had an appointment at the local dealership to have my tires rebalanced. I developed a shimmy on the interstate and figured I'd chase it starting with the easiest thing to tackle, and it worked. And then, while out running errands, I walked out of Harbor Freight to some Tacoma guy checking out the Ranger in the parking lot. He asked if he could take photos. LOL