Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I defrosted my Ranger today.
20211204_084009 (2).jpg

I don't know about the Graphene but Turtle Wax Ice causes the frost to bead. :LOL:
It looked like little white chocolate chips all over the hood.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I defrosted my Ranger today.
20211204_084009 (2).jpg

I don't know about the Graphene but Turtle Wax Ice causes the frost to bead. :LOL:
It looked like little white chocolate chips all over the hood.

Looks like the Turtle Wax is doing its job. I hope to never find out if the Graphene reacts this way with ice. ?

Zeroedin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Roush Edition
Having used my my wiper spray exactly 3 times since taking delivery, my “Low Wiper Fluid” light came on yesterday while I was running errands around town.

Slightly irritated, it took me 2 stops before I found a store with some fluid in stock. Poured an entire gallon in.

Now, realizing just how utterly boring this post is….I’m wishing I had taken some thrilling action shots of the fluid pouring into the funnel. Crap, what a wasted opportunity. Next time, for sure.

Anyway, I did snap a few pics while I was out and about looking at some properties, stopping at auto part stores and swinging by the bank….so all is not lost.

You’ll just have to use your imagination and picture a very non-descript, average guy in his mid 50s pouring wiper fluid into a funnel while hunched under the hood of his Ranger. If it helps, I was sporting some pretty darn sexy cargo shorts and a long sleeve “Dunder Mifflin” tee. Makes for some exciting visuals, right? Good luck getting those outta your head tonight.

Anyway, as promised….some rather average pics from around town to punch up the post:

4D51E209-5FD4-4A90-B736-9C53E0E992D2.jpeg
E3614629-982A-4037-8730-373DD614B0C7.jpeg

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Closest I could find to a flat wall, to adjust the new fogs.

The factory ones just would have just flooded this whole area with dull, yellow light. These have a very clean, defined beam, like any, well designed LED or HID should. A little bleed in places, but I’ve had worse from factory main beam setups on cars and certainly had worse converting to HID on sports bikes.

B31CB66A-6BAE-48D0-BEE1-B9D0B20A15F1.jpeg

We don’t get snow or anything here. Rarely see fog. Once a year we’ll get a sea mist. But it was a $55 upgrade that’s worth it to make everything at the front of the car LED. Drove home (2km, no one around) and the made a huge difference to the width and brightness down low, so hopefully that’s close enough until I can try in a storm. Easy to adjust too, just reach under bumper and wind up/down.

This shot has made me realise how I need to get another grill (no irreversible mods on this truck) and paint the chrome section “Wildtrak Grey” to match the new mirrors, door handles and fender vents. It goes on the list.

B72FB80A-A6FF-4C63-9047-E49C50A9A53F.jpeg

The colour between the fogs and DRLS looks different in this pic, but in person, all look identical and like it came from the factory that way. That’s one of the goals of this build. If a part isn’t a Ford OEM accessory, or part off another Ford model, then it has to look/function like it is.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I solved a mysterious rattle that was bugging me for the last few months. There was an annoying “rattle” that I couldn’t locate and finally gave up. I thought it might have been my drop-in bed liner since my bed’s not loaded with tools and material these days. So, I decided to live with it even though it sounded like a large socket rolling around in the passenger side, rear floor.

Today, I was sorting out my large tool chest in the garage and didn’t see my short breaker bar in the drawer of impact tools and sockets. I remembered that I had placed it in the under seat storage with the jack and jack tools but I knew that compartment was empty - I had moved the Jack to a storage case. I checked the passenger side storage area - nope. Odd. Then, I noticed the storage bin could be removed with a trim removal tool. It was worth a look, right?

Look what slipped through to the passenger side from the jack storage area and was rattling around under the storage bin!

7588AC3F-FF02-4105-B21D-2D1BB35FE5D3.jpeg

All is quiet now that it’s in my recovery case. ?

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I solved a mysterious rattle that was bugging me for the last few months. There was an annoying “rattle” that I couldn’t locate and finally gave up. I thought it might have been my drop-in bed liner since my bed’s not loaded with tools and material these days. So, I decided to live with it even though it sounded like a large socket rolling around in the passenger side, rear floor.

Today, I was sorting out my large tool chest in the garage and didn’t see my short breaker bar in the drawer of impact tools and sockets. I remembered that I had placed it in the under seat storage with the jack and jack tools but I knew that compartment was empty - I had moved the Jack to a storage case. I checked the passenger side storage area - nope. Odd. Then, I noticed the storage bin could be removed with a trim removal tool. It was worth a look, right?

Look what slipped through to the passenger side from the jack storage area and was rattling around under the storage bin!

7588AC3F-FF02-4105-B21D-2D1BB35FE5D3.jpeg

All is quiet now that it’s in my recovery case. ?
I've been tellin you all...you got one of these guys living in your Ranger. There responsible for all those irritating little bumps, noises, clinks and clanks, hiding things, moving things around.
Maybe now you'll believe me !!!

885298cb-b293-45b5-9b03-4bcf26a5924b.4fa4a1451171dc417cede60d006d1327.jpeg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Added ignition bezel, cupholderhero kit with blue trim (because...Ford!), and center console organizer thingy. Last week I re-installed engine cover and my Weathertech floormat group (was a little bummed to find front passenger side tabs missing from floorboard). Tomorrow will install Putco grille insert.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Added ignition bezel, cupholderhero kit with blue trim (because...Ford!), and center console organizer thingy. Last week I re-installed engine cover and my Weathertech floormat group (was a little bummed to find front passenger side tabs missing from floorboard). Tomorrow will install Putco grille insert.
Looks like you have all the requisite accessories ? and some of the missing parts. I received my engine cover yesterday - glad I have the mounting tabs for my floor mats - that’s just crazy annoying. Do you think they will still stay in place?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Looks like you have all the requisite accessories ? and some of the missing parts. I received my engine cover yesterday - glad I have the mounting tabs for my floor mats - that’s just crazy annoying. Do you think they will still stay in place?
So far, so good...but I hardly ever have a passenger so its likely not to be an issue.

Not much left for me to do, I think.
Window tint, running boards, possibly a tune, and a hood protector. That MIGHT be the end of it.

Vive la Resistance! ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
So far, so good...but I hardly ever have a passenger so its likely not to be an issue.

Window tint, running boards, possibly a tune, and a hood protector. That MIGHT be the end of it.

Vive la Resistance! ?
"Might" be the end....HA !

download.jpg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Vive la Resistance! ?
Oui, stay strong mon frère!

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Scored some wheels today. Can't wait to get mounted next week or so