First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger XLT Black Pack RWD
Occupation
Refrigeration / Food Equipment Tech
Installed a Built Right Industries top dash tray table to hold my SCT BDX tuner. Unfortunately, I used a plastic iphone to tripod adapter to hold the tuner which vibrates on rougher roads. Easy fix though, I will just replace with an aluminum one and all should be well.

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4821.jpg
Sponsored

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Threw on MBRPs dual exhaust. A tad bit louder than i thought but overall ok with the noise, its not obnoxious nor accentuates the 4 cyl note which is a big plus.

However, 3/5 clamps they provided straight up did not function, started this on turkey day and had to wait till friday to finish it cause of that. Other than that installation was decently easy. But i noticed no matter what, the exhaust seems to shift after driving; driver side shifts towards the bumper and the passenger side shifts down. I thought the y-pipe would be the culprit but that thing is on tight. I originally did everything at 45ft-lbs, but now redid them around 4 metric f-tons and they still tilt a tad after a drive. May have to go to an exhaust shop and see what they can do.

Waiting on next fuel fill up to see mpg increase, goes anywhere between 1-3mpg bump from my normal numbers. Getting 20-21mpg on 33's goin 76mph on the hwy is nice to see.
1638200339355.png

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
I pulled the trigger on this.
Screenshot_20211122-135741_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Received the tunes today and took it for test drive. I could definitely tell the difference. My neighborhood is next to the highway and is the only way out so I have to get to 70mph fast. With stock, it usually struggles when it hits 50, it still gets there but I feel like I'm putting to much pressure on the transmission. No issues with the tune. I chose livernois over the ford performance because I don't want to be stuck on 93 octane in order to use the tune. Overall very happy with it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Received the tunes today and took it for test drive. I could definitely tell the difference. My neighborhood is next to the highway and is the only way out so I have to get to 70mph fast. With stock, it usually struggles when it hits 50, it still gets there but I feel like I'm putting to much pressure on the transmission. No issues with the tune. I chose livernois over the ford performance because I don't want to be stuck on 93 octane in order to use the tune. Overall very happy with it.
Nice to see you finally got the tunes. Which on are you running now? With the soft shift performance tune I barely notice any harsh shifting like I did with the performance tune. It will take a couple tanks to fully "learn" and once it does it'll fell like a ...?

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
Nice to see you finally got the tunes. Which on are you running now? With the soft shift performance tune I barely notice any harsh shifting like I did with the performance tune. It will take a couple tanks to fully "learn" and once it does it'll fell like a ...?
Since they sent me the performance ones first, i installed it first. I'll stick with it for a little awhile. Then try out the soft shift. He told me they turn off the auto start stop by default now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
… well, I am at a loss as to why and the hell did they have to make the fog cover bolts covered by the crash bar? Can’t remove the crash bar without dropping the bumper.

Anyways, so now I am wondering if I should just pay somebody to do this while I get lunch or something. I’m no mechanic but this seems like it should be an easy mod, am I making this out to be a bigger deal than it is?
If you remove the bolts for the crashbar you can angle it out of way enough to get to everything. It's tight, but doable, you'll need to use an open ended wrench for the one directly behind the crashbar for sure. 10 mm I think it is.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
A project I've been wanting to do for a while now I finally got started.

Bye Bye silver/chrome trim.

Also, for those who want to remove their touch screen trim at some point in future, the guys at Ford made this ONE trim piece so you not only have to take the entire console out, but you would then have to remove these PITA tiny screws on the back of the console to get access to THE screws that actually connect the trim to the console. Ain't no body got time for that!

IMG_20211130_082214.jpg

HarryManback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I installed my amber/yellow DD SS3 PRO fog lights this past week (thanks to Stage3 for the impressive shipping times). Two things:

1) Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the bolt for the fog light splash guard directly behind the crash bar? I want to say really mean things to that person, because that added at least an hour, maybe 2, to the job. But I was able to do everything without removing the bumper, so win for me.

2) When I turn the SS3s off, I might as well be turning my headlights completely off. I have bambi mode enabled, and they make such an incredible difference regardless of high or low beams. They are so good that I feel I can wait a long time before doing the LED headlight upgrade. Seriously, these things are phenomenal. I never want to do that job again (see #1), but it was worth every moment spent.

Combined with my yellow 20" light bar and ditch lights (edit: off-road only, I'm not an asshole), I feel like I can see everything.

Last edited:

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I installed my amber/yellow DD SS3 PRO fog lights this past week (thanks to Stage3 for the impressive shipping times). Two things:

1) Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the bolt for the fog light splash guard directly behind the crash bar? I want to say really mean things to that person, because that added at least an hour, maybe 2, to the job. But I was able to do everything without removing the bumper, so win for me.

2) When I turn the SS3s off, I might as well be turning my headlights completely off. I have bambi mode enabled, and they make such an incredible difference regardless of high or low beams. They are so good that I feel I can wait a long time before doing the LED headlight upgrade. Seriously, these things are phenomenal. I never want to do that job again (see #1), but it was worth every moment spent.

Combined with my yellow 20" light bar and ditch lights (edit: off-road only, I'm not an asshole), I feel like I can see everything.
Yeah it's tight in around there! I recall the joys when I put the ReadyLift beams in. I actually waited to install my DD Max fogs at the same time and I couldn't believe the difference and how wide out they spread is amazing.

JH1498

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Automotive Paint and Equipment
I did nothing. My wife stole it and drove it to work. ?. All good, I am out of town the rest of the week so I would rather let the old family truckster minivan sit out there anyway.?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just a warning though; to remove the front rear crash bars will require you to loosen your fenders to get clearance to pull them out. Least it did when I did mine. Probably why most people cut them out.

RangerBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
A project I've been wanting to do for a while now I finally got started.

Bye Bye silver/chrome trim.

Also, for those who want to remove their touch screen trim at some point in future, the guys at Ford made this ONE trim piece so you not only have to take the entire console out, but you would then have to remove these PITA tiny screws on the back of the console to get access to THE screws that actually connect the trim to the console. Ain't no body got time for that!

IMG_20211130_082214.jpg
Very cool...that is a project im hoping to do as well, was wondering how those pieces came out (clearly sounds like a PITA). I was thinking of making them high gloss black.
Sponsored