Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sure. Rode there yesterday. Why wouldn't they?
Years ago (decades maybe ?), folks were trying to close it (and a ton of other places) to mountain bikers - I’m glad that never happened!

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Years ago (decades maybe ?), folks were trying to close it (and a ton of other places) to mountain bikers - I’m glad that never happened!
With as much as mtb tourism brings to the economy here, I couldn't imagine if they'd succeeded in kicking out mtb riding. Right now a lot of trails are getting rebuilt because mechanisms have been found to address trail maintenance backlogs dating back at least to 2004. Even a couple bits of brand new trail opening up (a short connection just went live within the past week or two).

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Lol. So I’m guessing I’m going ADV fiber glass raptor look. You think it’ll look super weird with just the front done? Ahh who knows I’ll get around the the bedside ones eventually,
142E5D99-328C-4857-A4CD-14E7A12AB570.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. So I’m guessing I’m going ADV fiber glass raptor look. You think it’ll look super weird with just the front done? Ahh who knows I’ll get around the the bedside ones eventually,
142E5D99-328C-4857-A4CD-14E7A12AB570.png
yes, it will look weird- you also need enough poke or it will look even more weird. Yup, it’s a rabbit hole.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
yes, it will look weird- you also need enough poke or it will look even more weird. Yup, it’s a rabbit hole.
Time to look at threads, associated cost I know will be a few thousands if I do it all. Perhaps I will keep asking for quotes related to the dent..

EDIT: I will be asking for more quotes, I realize I should stop spending more and more on this Ranger.

Last edited:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I hate inconsiderate idiots. I've seen the motorized cart riders just swing open their doors to haul their fat arses out of the car... particularly in the old days of land yacht 2 door cars. Don't even give it crap what they hit.

And this is no offense to fat arses, just inconsiderate fat arses. Never park beside 2 door cars.

ADDED: When my wife got her Volvo SC70 a while back, she parked on the street in a city, and someone backed into her and put a big goose egg on the door. The paintless dent removal place did a great job, but couldn't get it all out cause it stretched the door panel a bit. It was still much better, but not perfect, and it bugs me to this day.

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I hate inconsiderate idiots. I've seen the motorized cart riders just swing open their doors to haul their fat arses out of the car... particularly in the old days of land yacht 2 door cars. Don't even give it crap what they hit.

And this is no offense to fat arses, just inconsiderate fat arses. Never park beside 2 door cars.
Yup, pretty sure it was just some inconsiderate idiot. Haha, funny story of the old days. I learned my lesson, park far away.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I was walking to my truck a few weeks ago and saw the woman fling her door open into my truck. I heard it from 3 cars away with hearing aids ? She got my side step good. I saw the dent in her door edge when she pulled out. I knew at that moment she took the damage and not me. The look I gave her would have peeled paint. Karma baby!

Hope your fix comes at a reasonable cost or better the nicer flares.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It’s quite unfortunate. Okay, that doesn’t sound too bad. I think I just need to accept things like this happen, just had to be with the Ranger I have been babying. Pinstripes and rock chips, that’s fine. But purposeful dents by others… ya not fun. Thank you for an average of what you think it will cost Duke, going to look into it.

haha do you think the flare would cover it? Looking at images, I don't think it will go that high unfortunately but that was a good consideration :p
I would try the PDR guys. If they can't get the crease right cover with flares.

For your build I'd suggest the Roush flares. They come molded in magnetic grey, are big enough to cover the crease, and you get a rear side marker. Stage 3 has 'em I think.

Ohh, and that's some bullshit. A good reminder to stay away from others.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure it was that hard. I put a dent in my truck over a year ago when I opened the door of my 73 Capri into it. I did not hit it very hard but it put a visible dent down low. These panels are VERY thin and dent really easily.

I'd echo what others said about paintless dent repair. I asked a local about my dent and he was thinking in the neighborhood of $400 to fix it since he had to remove a bunch of trim, etc - I've lived with it -it doesn't bug me that much. :LOL:
Sponsored