Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Very courageously done!

The haters will have a field day with it, good entertainment for the rest of us!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t open the attachment, but based on the comments so far I’m going to go ahead and say that I hate it.
Me too - can’t open it and thinking I might hate it as well. Although, I have a feeling Dave’s going to love it.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
loosen the bolt that the top ball socket bracket attaches to put some weight on the tailgate to snug both cables then tighten the bolt back up again. I noticed my bottom hinge is bent ever so slightly and its because the damper was pulling upwards on it when any weight was on the tailgate. I put some weight on it and snugged the bolt then torqued it and all is good now. and the damper does not pull anymore when weight is on the tailgate.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
for those that cant see the video....its just a woman, lowering her tailgate with the help of some sort of dampening device.
she's also developmentally challenged and we shouldn't shame her into needing this device as she isn't an able bodied person either. from the look of her arms, she has some degenerative muscle disease.
Lets show the love and be nice for a change. She likely could use help lifting the grocery bags too.
Are you looking at the same video I am?

26point2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I haven't opened my tailgate yet...is it that hard?

OP
OP
SilverSlugger

SilverSlugger

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Baking
loosen the bolt that the top ball socket bracket attaches to put some weight on the tailgate to snug both cables then tighten the bolt back up again. I noticed my bottom hinge is bent ever so slightly and its because the damper was pulling upwards on it when any weight was on the tailgate. I put some weight on it and snugged the bolt then torqued it and all is good now. and the damper does not pull anymore when weight is on the tailgate.
Thank you for the tip, ill check this out!
Sponsored