First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Is anyone running actual data logs pre and post? That will tell you if the engine is actually advancing timing due to cooler, denser air or other legit improvements.
That would have been awesome. But no, I just kept a record of hand calculated gas mileage over my usual commute with the same gas.

The (previously corrected) on board computer showed increases too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Just a FYI.....I've had mine installed since last fall (right when they started shipping them) if my MPG's went up it's not noticeable or minimal at best for me.....and I have a light right foot and tuned by Unleashed.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I saw an improvement once installing mine. I did open the hole up in the valance cover. I’d estimate a 1 to 2 mpg improvement over stock. Definitely an improvement on highway acceleration get up and go now.

F863F1A4-B0FA-4795-9509-D9F486E606C5.jpeg

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I saw an improvement once installing mine. I did open the hole up in the valance cover. I’d estimate a 1 to 2 mpg improvement over stock. Definitely an improvement on highway acceleration get up and go now.

F863F1A4-B0FA-4795-9509-D9F486E606C5.jpeg
Same, after my install highway mileage went from 26 avg to 28mpg.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I never noticed (perceptible) 'performance ' gains or noise, just improved highway mileage. Summer gas is here! More expensive but better mileage.

Speaking of; we've all been on 'summer gas' for a month. Anyone seeing improvement in MPG's?

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I never noticed (perceptible) 'performance ' gains or noise, just improved highway mileage. Summer gas is here! More expensive but better mileage.

Speaking of; we've all been on 'summer gas' for a month. Anyone seeing improvement in MPG's?
Since putting the Big Mouth on over the winter, my mileage has gone up (per the gauge) from 17.4 to 18.7 lifetime, that is, since summer 2019. Admittedly, this is totally unscientific since we have changed over to summer, summer gas, I am doing more freeway and highway driving post-pandemic, and, since I am more aware of mileage issues thanks to the the BM, I may even be hitting the turbo less heavily than before. Still, with a tuned engine, more aggressive tires, FX4 (heavier, less aerodynamic, no air dam, etc.), and a two-inch leveling lift, 18.7 (and climbing) is not bad in my book! My 2014 Explorer Limited never hit 18 MPG in its whole life, and so I am satisfied with my Ranger MPG, and, yeah, the BM may be helping....

Edit: Make that 18.8 lifetime!

Re-Edit: Make that 18.9!

Neo-Re-Edit: Nineteen big ones, baby!

New-Neo-Re-Edit: 19.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
...giving this thread a bump for newer owners. My highway mileage gains persist although they took a slight (looks like just over 1/2 MPG) hit since I 'nearly' levelled the truck by raising the front an inch and a half.

It makes me wonder if the extreme rake of the factory setup was intentional to hit those MPG claims.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So, another update from owners? How you like it with this much usage? Performance gains? Mpg gains? Sound gains? Cooler temps?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I put one on figuring it it didn't do much it was pretty cheap. I have this on, the smooth down tube from the air box an the high flow filter now I just need the larger intake for the air box.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I put one on figuring it it didn't do much it was pretty cheap. I have this on, the smooth down tube from the air box an the high flow filter now I just need the larger intake for the air box.
So do you notice any gains even though previously you thought it wouldn't do much? MPG gains, sound gains, cooler temps?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Well since not many long term Velossa users are saying much, I went ahead and bought one. Will report back if anything changes even in the slightest bit, even if placebo or not. Guess we will see.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I track my mileage every tank an I did think I saw a slight increase but it went away when I leveled the front 1.8"

I run a high octane tune an jump on it some an still knock down 21-22 every tank.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I track my mileage every tank an I did think I saw a slight increase but it went away when I leveled the front 1.8"

I run a high octane tune an jump on it some an still knock down 21-22 every tank.
Thank you for the insight Langley. Excited to install mine and see what it's all about.

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
Looks like an invitation to suck in water when fording? It lowers the factory snorkel and opens it up. The factory intake sits on top of the shroud and seems to be designed to be in a spot that water would not easily find the opening. this scares me of water being easily "forced" into if hitting a deep water event. Thoughts?
Sponsored