First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
There is so much blocked off grill area on my Lariat I'm sure there is space to dedicate to a ram air system.

But then I'd be suggesting a grill/modded to specifically utilize it - but then it would require changing the entire intake system all the way to the throttle body to take advantage.
Sponsored

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Hi Jack,

Usually when you do something to get more air into the engine, you will find minimal effect until you also increase getting the exhaust out of the engine....

Best,
Phil
Roger that Phil. Sawzall just after the turbo.

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
Isn’t this just reducing your off-road capability by creating water scoops on the front to catch road spray, splashes and standing water? I am skeptical you are going to get much benefit from this and are just creating a increased risk of failure.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t this just reducing your off-road capability by creating water scoops on the front to catch road spray, splashes and standing water? I am skeptical you are going to get much benefit from this and are just creating a increased risk of failure.
giphy.gif

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
You could use your Ranger as a big shop vac.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I got the velossa tech big mouth intake from a member on here long ago. It did seem to bump my mileage slightly but not all that much. I did modify my top skirt to allow the maximum amount of air to flow. What they do is create positive pressure at the air filter box. The engine will only take what it needs and the rest is wasted flow. If you look closely the way the factory set up the stock air flow the gasketing around that area directs cowl airflow to the air filter already. So we’re just creating more back pressure.
Sponsored