Tire Size Fitment Master Thread

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
Anybody try 255/75/17 stock? BFG KO2 comes in that size in a C-range (better for ride and MPG). Sounds like it’s be cutting it close.
Sponsored

Brix

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
With a 2.5" leveling kit, do you think I could run 275/70/18s without a problem?

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
With a 2.5" leveling kit, do you think I could run 275/70/18s without a problem?
Seems like running 35’s would be a bit much.

Vertically, you might clear the extra ~2” tire between hub and top of fender. But horizontally speaking, you’re stuffing an extra ~4” (over the stock 31’s) between crash bars known only to accommodate up to 33” tires on rims with the proper width and offset.

But alas, as long as you have the right backspace to clear your brake caliper and steering knuckle and the resolve to do it, I suppose you could clear almost any tire with enough trimming.

Brix

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Seems like running 35’s would be a bit much.

Vertically, you might clear the extra ~2” tire between hub and top of fender. But horizontally speaking, you’re stuffing an extra ~4” (over the stock 31’s) between crash bars known only to accommodate up to 33” tires on rims with the proper width and offset.

But alas, as long as you have the right backspace to clear your brake caliper and steering knuckle and the resolve to do it, I suppose you could clear almost any tire with enough trimming.
The tires I mentioned are 33" in diameter not 35".

I wouldn't want to trim or remove crash bars, I think they could work but would definitely be tight.

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
The tires I mentioned are 33" in diameter not 35".

I wouldn't want to trim or remove crash bars, I think they could work but would definitely be tight.
Doh! Haha, yeah, my mistake. I plugged the wrong dimensions (285/75/R18, oops) into the converter.

Yeah, 33's are supposed to work. But as you mentioned, they're kind of tight. I've heard of some rubbing at full lock when loaded and/or when moving in reverse.

The gallery here shows some Rangers w/ similarly sized tires and information about the lifts, wheels, any trimming, and any resulting rubbing.

I personally am going with the 285/70/R17's after get my Icon coilovers w/ 2.5" level on. I'm also going w/ the Ranger spec'd Icon 6-Speed wheels, since they've been offset and backspaced to best fit this setup. I'm hoping that the proper wheel fitment will eliminate any possible rubbing.

Sorry for any confusion in my last response.

MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
so from what I am reading I can put 275/70/17 with a 2 1/2 level kit with not problem? I already bought the Rough Country kit just waiting on the shop to call me to take it in next week, I think I am going to go with the new Nittos Terra Grapplers G2's

Daniel Cohen

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
so from what I am reading I can put 275/70/17 with a 2 1/2 level kit with not problem? I already bought the Rough Country kit just waiting on the shop to call me to take it in next week, I think I am going to go with the new Nittos Terra Grapplers G2's
I am going to the shop tomorrow to have my 285/70/17 installed with my rough country 2.5" leveling kit. I can post photos and let you know about any rubbing! I went with the brand new Yokohama X-A/T's. Check them out!

MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to the shop tomorrow to have my 285/70/17 installed with my rough country 2.5" leveling kit. I can post photos and let you know about any rubbing! I went with the brand new Yokohama X-A/T's. Check them out!
Great thanks, I am a little dissapointed though I just found out Nitto does not make the 275/70/17 tire size, guess I will check the Yoko's

MrEd8a

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
do you mean the X MT'S ?
Sponsored