Tire Size Fitment Master Thread

Discussion in 'Tires / Wheels' started by Oregon Comrade, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Julie dominesey

Julie dominesey Active Member

First Name:
    Julie
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
    Beach Ford sent a truck for a 2.5” lift and 285 70 17..( Virginia Beach Virginia ) .. try us 4wp on the boulevard .. it required new wheels as stock would have rubbed on inside ..and new crash bars ... I was there last night and the clearance behind tire was ok .. the wheels they chose sucked but that’s what’s popular these days and I did not like the tire choice either .. Thursday of next week they going to try 275 70 17 on a truck with a 2 inch , see how it works , you can call them Friday next week and see how it worked .. I personally want to keep my stock wheels so my plan is 265 70 18 on bfg tko.. the stock on a 18 inch wheel is 30.5x10.4... the spec on the bfg tire says 32.6x10.7 ... so my plan is up 2 inches in front .. 1 inch block in back to maintain some rake and if needed a 1/4 spacer .. any more spacer than that is not good , switch wheels ....it’s very tight stock you can barely put your hand back there .. it’s as if our ranger was a series of compromises , perhaps the 2022s will fix some bugs .. and I want a driver side grab handle !!! I use my running boards and grab tge a pillar constantly getting in

Oregon Comrade and djrobb like this.
  2. djrobb

djrobb Well-Known Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
    Someone did order a drivers side handle from overseas. It hasn't arrived yet but if that works it might be an easy fix.

Oregon Comrade likes this.