Wheels + Offset + Tire Size Thread Pictures

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’m in the process of searching for new wheels and tires and I’ve searched the forum and found the information I need for tires but not so much for wheels. Just trying to get some ideas.

Can we start a thread that just has aftermarket wheels with the size and offset, and include tire size that include pictures?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger

Aharrington96

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Elec
18" Method 309/Grid/Matte Black +18 offset, BF Goodrich All Terrain A/T KO2 LT275/65R/18LR

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG
How far are your tires out past your fenders now? I’ve been looking at wheels with 18 offset just trying to get an idea if they’ll be sticking out to far.

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
How far are your tires out past your fenders now? I’ve been looking at wheels with 18 offset just trying to get an idea if they’ll be sticking out to far.
Here are some pics. They do not stick out very far. Sorry for the delay in responding. I had to go take the pics in daylight. Haha..

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

OP
OP

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
You remove the crash bars?

RangerMerp

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I see.
Every single one of those is incorrect in that link, as far as "offset" and "backspacing" is concerned.

I wonder where they are getting there numbers from?
Seems backspacing confuses a lot of people, which makes sense since it's a stupid way to measure offset (the method, not the concept). Here's a place that gives a good chart. The gist of it is that the backspacing measurement is the distance from the back of the wheel to the centerline plus 1/2". So 0 offset on a 10" wide wheel is 5.5" of backspacing. Here's another resource that shows that.

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
You remove the crash bars?
I did. I put in the BDS after market one. I just had to do the front ones. The back ones are still factory
Sponsored