port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
First “real” snow here in MD in 3 years (may have a whole 1” so far) and I will tell you, this Taco driver is prepared...

1A438DFF-1364-4147-B190-9C060982F3A0.jpeg

wipers up... in a parking garage ? ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
First “real” snow here in MD in 3 years (may have a whole 1” so far) and I will tell you, this Taco driver is prepared...

1A438DFF-1364-4147-B190-9C060982F3A0.jpeg

wipers up... in a parking garage ? ?
Looks like he should chain up too. ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 1634

Another bout of Boundary Waters snowshoeing on this warm (relatively) and snowy Sunday yesterday.
We came across many outcroppings of these structures on the lakes we visited. It's hard to tell in the flat light of an overcast winter day, but they're little homemade "igloos", some collapsed, some still intact. Some ordained with sticks for decoration, or possibly a way to protect from enemies. haha
Presumably built by inhabitants of the nearby boy scout camp, but who knows. Maybe aliens. Maybe Sasquatch. Maybe battalions of tiny soldiers preparing for battle. Hard to know for sure. haha

53469.jpg

53467.jpg

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Hi RR,

Okay... 1910 Ice Box.

Icebox.jpg

A bit of a back story....

I was at an Auction on New Years day in Marshall Michigan. I had purchased about $3,000 worth of clocks. I was not paying much attention as this ice box was brought up onto the block. My buddy nudged me as I was talking to another clock guy and I raised my hand to find I just bought a dilapidated green painted Ice box....Yikes!!!....Cost me about $150. Doors were in shambles and parts of the door frames were just stuffed into the openings. OMG!!! Well, got this thing home along with all the clocks stuffed into his F150. It sat in my basement for about half a year and I decided to try to restore it....stripping off the paint only to find it was painted white under the green antiquing...Sheesh....finally down to the oak and maple top I started to figure out the door pieces. I had to carefully saw off the damage to the styles and rails and reduced each door by about 1/8". Then to address the corroded hardware, pains taking process I restored this to where it is today. Took half a year dabbling at it....Glad I did but learned a valuable lesson. At an auction...if not bidding....sit on your hands. :)

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Very nice! Looks like you have the 1910 "SubZero" model and mine is the Kenmore.
My grandparents found this one at an estate auction in Hudson Ohio many years ago and did a mild exterior refinish. All hardware and internal sheet metal is original as is the wood down to the brass and wooden casters. Great pieces of history.
1612190929829.png

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My great grandparents had a built in ice box in their pantry just off the kitchen. It had an access door on the house that opened to the ice chest so the ice man could deliver a fresh block without bringing it in the house. They no longer used it, and had a state of-the-art Norge with an integral freezer big enough for two ice trays.
The ice box seemed larger than your free-standing one, but I was only about 6 years old the last time I was in that house, so everything was big!

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
First Monday in February down.....time for an adult beverage.
One cool thing about living in the Greater Denver Metro is LOTS of GREAT BEER!
This Churro Stout from Cervaceria Colorado in Denver has been on my best seller list for a couple of months now. Very smooth, very light! YUM!! :turkey:

IMG_1642.jpg

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Our little town of just a few thousand people, have three brewers within 10 miles. We love the dark and hoppy varieties.
Sponsored