STX club

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Nice! I went with the Fox 2.0 stage 1 package with 2" front lift. Wheels are Method 701 16x8 zero offset wrapped with 265/75R16 KO2s. I like this setup, but the poke with zero offset is too much for me, so I am selling wheels and tires ☹. Just ordered Method 703 with +35 offset.
did you ever get them? How do they look. Been having trouble finding wheels with +25 offset so was trying to see what +35 looks like
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My 2020 STX. I recently got a used set of charcoal Sport Package wheels.

Ranger_2020_2.jpeg

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
did you ever get them? How do they look. Been having trouble finding wheels with +25 offset so was trying to see what +35 looks like
Still waiting for my wheels! It's gonna be October as they were backordered. I will definitely post about fitment once I get everything on. I'm shooting for 275 70 R17 and waiting for the Method 703s 17x8.5 +35 offset. We will see.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this thread, and wanted to get in on the fun. I wanted the XL STX SuperCab. I'm super happy with the truck, except for a tiny mechanical issue that is unsolved (yet). I don't like all the shiny stuff on the higher trims, and most of the fancy electronics don't impress me much, so I settled on buying an XL, STX, plus the Special Edition package, picked out a color (Velocity Blue), and a few more options, and went to the dealer to see if I could make a deal.
I don't have a huge need for off-road capability, so to save $ I was planning on the RWD with Locking Diff, and the Tow package because why not? SuperCab because Six Foot Bed is important for taking care of my yard stuff. I like the STX package because I wanted adjustable seats, and fog lights. When I looked at the Special Edition, it brings the 18" wheels and tires and a few more nice things that I actually care about. The Ford wheels are meh, but I can live with them. The Dual Zone AC is a big plus because the wife gets cold easily, so that keeps her happy to have her own settings... Rear window defrost? How is this optional? You have to get the Special Ed package to get this (in an XL anyway), so I had the truck all speced out and was ready to go order one, and was prepared to wait as long as I could get the options "I" wanted.
So when I got to the dealer, there was my truck sitting there! I checked the window sticker, and it literally had every single option I was looking for! I was like "How did they know?", but then when I got to the bottom line it was a higher sticker than I had planned for, so I looked closer, and 4x4... Well, that's kind of a pricey option, and I really don't NEED it, so do I wait, or pony up the extra cash? Wife was with me, and we kind of had "that" look that married folks know, and she said "You should just get it." WOOHOOO!! So we did the deal, and I (WE) LOVE the truck.
The seats are the BEST I have ever sat in. I added side steps and a tonneau cover. I really love my STX Special Edition 4x4!

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
So when I got to the dealer, there was my truck sitting there! I checked the window sticker, and it literally had every single option I was looking for! I was like "How did they know?", but then when I got to the bottom line it was a higher sticker than I had planned for, so I looked closer, and 4x4... Well, that's kind of a pricey option, and I really don't NEED it, so do I wait, or pony up the extra cash? Wife was with me, and we kind of had "that" look that married folks know, and she said "You should just get it." WOOHOOO!! So we did the deal, and I (WE) LOVE the truck.
I had kind of a similar thing. Planned on getting through another year with my Sport Trac but the engine decided that 212,000 miles was enough and blew a head gasket. I was willing to get by with a 2wd to save money (I live in the north) but the wife reminded me that last winter I had to go and pull her minivan out of a ditch she slid into. My last three trucks were all silver so I was kinda over it and wanted red or blue, STX, tow package. Dealer had a blue STX that was 95% what I would have ordered anyway, did not have the locking axle I would have got and had the bedliner that I would have left off. Added bonus, it was a 2020 with only 5000 miles, previous owner decided it wasn't big enough and traded it on an F-150 so I saved a couple thou, this was right before used car prices went through the roof.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Just saw this thread, and wanted to get in on the fun. I wanted the XL STX SuperCab. I'm super happy with the truck, except for a tiny mechanical issue that is unsolved (yet). I don't like all the shiny stuff on the higher trims, and most of the fancy electronics don't impress me much, so I settled on buying an XL, STX, plus the Special Edition package, picked out a color (Velocity Blue), and a few more options, and went to the dealer to see if I could make a deal.
I don't have a huge need for off-road capability, so to save $ I was planning on the RWD with Locking Diff, and the Tow package because why not? SuperCab because Six Foot Bed is important for taking care of my yard stuff. I like the STX package because I wanted adjustable seats, and fog lights. When I looked at the Special Edition, it brings the 18" wheels and tires and a few more nice things that I actually care about. The Ford wheels are meh, but I can live with them. The Dual Zone AC is a big plus because the wife gets cold easily, so that keeps her happy to have her own settings... Rear window defrost? How is this optional? You have to get the Special Ed package to get this (in an XL anyway), so I had the truck all speced out and was ready to go order one, and was prepared to wait as long as I could get the options "I" wanted.
The seats are the BEST I have ever sat in. I added side steps and a tonneau cover. I really love my STX Special Edition 4x4!

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG
I'm with you on the tech (there's too much in this one already and it's just more to go wrong) and the machined wheels (meh). But I love everything else. The 4x4 I wanted 'cause it gets snowy here and we also go camping from time to time. Once I get some money I shall get new wheels and tires but I'm stuck with them for the meantime. Great looking truck.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

a6m5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XL
I'm thankful to the way Ford had structured options & packages in 2022. Not only was XL Ranger in my price range I was able to add STX, FX4 & cherry pick options I wanted + add accessories from Ford Accessories, Ford Performance, etc. Great daily driver, super fun in the woods!

#.JPG

# profile.JPG
0.jpg

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Just got a new to me STX with the FX4 package. My first Ranger. Loving the truck. Has everything I wanted and nothing that I didn't.
IMG_1104.jpg
I'm thankful to the way Ford had structured options & packages in 2022. Not only was XL Ranger in my price range I was able to add STX, FX4 & cherry pick options I wanted + add accessories from Ford Accessories, Ford Performance, etc. Great daily driver, super fun in the woods!

#.JPG

# profile.JPG
0.jpg
The STX has been retired, at least temporarily, for 2024. It had the best combination of appearance and functional options- super value. I ordered mine out and basically got an XLT without the sunglasses holder and 6-way instead of 8-way drivers seat. Added STX Special Edition Pkg, Co-pilot 360, FX4 and she MSRP'd about $1800 less than a comparable XLT. 2021 was the only year the 18" machined edge wheels were available with STX & FX4- could be special like a '63 'Vette split window coupe!
IMG_5367.jpeg

Occasionally, I get emails from my dealer about what a deal I can get on trade in, come in today, yadayada. But Ford has only built a total of 256 2024 Rangers as of November 30, and nationwide there are fewer than 400 2023's on the ground among 3886 dealers; my dealer has none. Yes, Michigan Assembly was struck and Bronco, built at the same plant is getting priority, but Ranger seems to be the unloved middle child currently, while Maverick and F-150 get the attention in the NA market.
Things are supposed to perk up during the 2024MY, I hope so. A friend of the next door neighbor's son in law's barber let on that a SuperCab will be coming and maybe a SuperCrew/6ft box late 2024-25. Until then Ford will remain a marginal player in midsize trucks. :(
Sponsored

Attachments