OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
The STX has been retired, at least temporarily, for 2024. It had the best combination of appearance and functional options- super value. I ordered mine out and basically got an XLT without the sunglasses holder and 6-way instead of 8-way drivers seat. Added STX Special Edition Pkg, Co-pilot 360, FX4 and she MSRP'd about $1800 less than a comparable XLT. 2021 was the only year the 18" machined edge wheels were available with STX & FX4- could be special like a '63 'Vette split window coupe!
IMG_5367.jpeg

Occasionally, I get emails from my dealer about what a deal I can get on trade in, come in today, yadayada. But Ford has only built a total of 256 2024 Rangers as of November 30, and nationwide there are fewer than 400 2023's on the ground among 3886 dealers; my dealer has none. Yes, Michigan Assembly was struck and Bronco, built at the same plant is getting priority, but Ranger seems to be the unloved middle child currently, while Maverick and F-150 get the attention in the NA market.
Things are supposed to perk up during the 2024MY, I hope so. A friend of the next door neighbor's son in law's barber let on that a SuperCab will be coming and maybe a SuperCrew/6ft box late 2024-25. Until then Ford will remain a marginal player in midsize trucks. :(
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/supercab-love.9914/page-47#post-608786
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My unofficial sources indicate that the SCab and possibly the Screw/6'box are going to be produced in some trims, (XL,XLT) at least with no Raptor. The 2024 Tacoma SR5 and Frontier SV are available in X.cab or Crew/5' & 6' box. The street wisdom has some people thinking a little deeper about a $60K+ pickup that won't fit next to the other vehicle in the garage. The 2024 Ranger is bigger than the original 1948-56 F1 in every category.

Last edited:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My unofficial sources indicate that the SCab and possibly the Screw/6'box are going to be produced in some trims, (XL,XLT) at least with no Raptor. The 2024 Tacoma SR5 and Frontier SV are available in X.cab or Crew/5' & 6' box. The street wisdom has some people thinking a little deeper about a $60K+ pickup that won't fit next to the other vehicle in the garage. The 2024 Ranger is bigger than the original 1948-56 F1 in every category.
edit: A little "Aye" candy, 1951 F1, my favorite MY of the series
1951-ford-f1.jpeg

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL STX FX4
Occupation
Person
The STX has been retired, at least temporarily, for 2024. It had the best combination of appearance and functional options- super value. I ordered mine out and basically got an XLT without the sunglasses holder and 6-way instead of 8-way drivers seat. Added STX Special Edition Pkg, Co-pilot 360, FX4 and she MSRP'd about $1800 less than a comparable XLT. 2021 was the only year the 18" machined edge wheels were available with STX & FX4- could be special like a '63 'Vette split window coupe!
IMG_5367.jpeg

Occasionally, I get emails from my dealer about what a deal I can get on trade in, come in today, yadayada. But Ford has only built a total of 256 2024 Rangers as of November 30, and nationwide there are fewer than 400 2023's on the ground among 3886 dealers; my dealer has none. Yes, Michigan Assembly was struck and Bronco, built at the same plant is getting priority, but Ranger seems to be the unloved middle child currently, while Maverick and F-150 get the attention in the NA market.
Things are supposed to perk up during the 2024MY, I hope so. A friend of the next door neighbor's son in law's barber let on that a SuperCab will be coming and maybe a SuperCrew/6ft box late 2024-25. Until then Ford will remain a marginal player in midsize trucks. :(

The STX is truly a great value package. I wanted to pick up one of these Rangers because they really are a great size. This truck is about the same size as the 97 Chevy C1500 it is replacing with more power, much better gas mileage, better payload and towing numbers, and way more options. The only thing that is less on this truck is the bed size. The next gen Ranger is bigger, as well as the new Colorado. My friend with a very nice F150 is a little jealous of my new Ranger. To be fair, when he bought his F150 he was living in a travel trailer, and he bought it before pandemic (BP) with a 0% interest rate 😱. The Maverick is a really interesting truck. I like it. It is almost enough to meet all my needs for a truck. Unfortunately, 4000 lbs max towing just falls a little too short.

Jimmy 2021 FX4

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
Vehicle Showcase
One thing that didn't come with my STX was the 8 inch touch screen. I had a 2016 F-150 and a 2018 F-150 and I was accustomed to using android auto/apple car play with the 8 inch touch screen.

I finally arrived at that point in my upgrade priority list and did the 4 to 8 inch upgrade from 4dtech. I am genuinely glad I did it and I like my STX even more.

Did you guys have the 8 inch screen on your STX?

Before upgrade with 4 inch screen:
1000004166.jpg

During the install:
1000004170.jpg

After install with the 8 inch screen:
1000004171.jpg

It has worked with out any problems and made my driving experience better and safer! 👍

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
One thing that didn't come with my STX was the 8 inch touch screen. I had a 2016 F-150 and a 2018 F-150 and I was accustomed to using android auto/apple car play with the 8 inch touch screen.

I finally arrived at that point in my upgrade priority list and did the 4 to 8 inch upgrade from 4dtech. I am genuinely glad I did it and I like my STX even more.

1000004166.jpg

During the install:
1000004170.jpg

1000004171.jpg

It has worked with out any problems and made my driving experience better and safer! 👍
I’m happy mine came with the big screen

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

1000004166.jpg

During the install:
1000004170.jpg

1000004171.jpg

Jimmy,
My STX came with the standard screen which is the only feature along with the Auto Start/Stop that I dislike. However the back up camera is really clear and defined. Burn my favorite music to a Flash Drive. Primarily use the infotainment device for SYNC updates. I don't use my phone while driving because of an App from my vehicle insurance that gives me a discount for not using it (distracting driving). Also I have a dash mounted Garmin GPS so don't have to use my phone for GPS. That being said, I can live with the existing screen for now but would still prefer the 8"

Front.jpg

20220523_174530.jpg

Spot on screen (Cleared).jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy 2021 FX4

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
Vehicle Showcase
I’m happy mine came with the big screen
So they do come with the 8 inch screen. Good to know, as I bought mine used and wasn't sure if that was an option. Thanks for the feedback.
Jimmy,
My STX came with the standard screen which is the only feature along with the Auto Start/Stop that I dislike. However the back up camera is really clear and defined. Burn my favorite music to a Flash Drive. Primarily use the infotainment device for SYNC updates. I don't use my phone while driving because of an App from my vehicle insurance that gives me a discount for not using it (distracting driving). Also I have a dash mounted Garmin GPS so don't have to use my phone for GPS. That being said, I can live with the existing screen for now but would still prefer the 8"

Front.jpg

20220523_174530.jpg

Spot on screen (Cleared).jpg
Very cool set up with the Garmin GPS, and I like the flash drive for music. Your right! When I had the 4 inch screen the back up cam was very crisp. Using the back up camera on the 8 inch is bigger but less definition forsure. I love your BFG KO2's I have had them on past rangers and I loved them! Nice looking STX! 👊

I feel the same about auto start/stop. My solution for now is just always drive it in sport mode and it disables auto start stop. 🤣

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So they do come with the 8 inch screen. Good to know, as I bought mine used and wasn't sure if that was an option. Thanks for the feedback.

Very cool set up with the Garmin GPS, and I like the flash drive for music. Your right! When I had the 4 inch screen the back up cam was very crisp. Using the back up camera on the 8 inch is bigger but less definition forsure. I love your BFG KO2's I have had them on past rangers and I loved them! Nice looking STX! 👊

I feel the same about auto start/stop. My solution for now is just always drive it in sport mode and it disables auto start stop. 🤣
Thanks Jimmy. Your Ranger is bad looking too and that's a great color! What brand and size tires are you running? Good to know that sport mode disables it. Wondering if sport mode functions with the Ford BMS? After owning the Ranger for a year, bit the bullet and invested in an AutoStop Eliminator and that cured the pain...when you press the off button it stays off and the on button it stays on.

AutoStop in package.jpg

AutoStop installed.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: