Terrain management upgrade?

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Did you back up before you made the TM change and after. If you restore to before it should overwrite the pcm back you your default and then make the TM change
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
@Michael Crowe Have you pulled the switch out to look at it? Maybe they went sneaky and disconnected a wire or two for the TM part.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Can some send me a picture of the connection so I can compare wires.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Not putting my sons in til 25 Dec 2020 so if you don't get one by then let me know.

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
I finally got my TM knob and installed it this morning. It all works as advertised. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the explanations and videos. It helped a lot .

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Have to say snow mode is a huge difference!
Came to say this as well. It reduces the throttle sensitivity and torque a bunch giving a lot more control on slippery roads. Seems to increase the sensitivity of TCS and ABS as well

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Came across the original thread on this and went and ordered mine. Since the OP dealers jacked the prices way up. Took a lot of searching to find one close to what the price originally was. Placed the online order and thought I was all set! Nope! A week later they cancelled order with no communication and returned the money. Second time is a charm right? Went through the exercise again a few weeks ago and just 2 days ago got notice it shipped. I’ll believe it when it’s in my mailbox with the replacement push button upgrade to go with it. Mine is all black now and I will probably dissemble the new one to ditch the chrome with the one I got now. So, looks like Ford is catching on and trying to rain on our aftermarket party ?

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I tried to forscan and it still doesn’t work. If Ford did this with the updated pcm, that is wrong. All I can do is try a new TM control in case something happend to it. I don’t want to spend that kind of money and it not work. I wish I new how to test the TM control.
Try putting the old switch back in and then saving a second as built with a different name with your updated PCM.
Disconnect battery for 15 mins; then reboot the truck.

Then try modding the new file (reinstall switch and make changes) and then remember to save it as a different file so you have the updated PCM file as a backup too

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Try putting the old switch back in and then saving a second as built with a different name with your updated PCM.
Disconnect battery for 15 mins; then reboot the truck.

Then try modding the new file (reinstall switch and make changes) and then remember to save it as a different file so you have the updated PCM file as a backup too
Thanks I will try.
Sponsored