Terrain management upgrade?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Ranger in for service. Now the Terrian Managment doesn’t work. I ask my service advisor about it. She the PCM was updated, because the truck didn’t come with it there is nothing they could do about it. I get a trouble code in the IPC on Forscan that is OU439:83-82. Any information would be helpful.
Did you try re-doing the FORScan tweak that enabled TM? ( IPC and enabled select drive mode.) My first guess is that they re-flashed the PCM with what the factory said it should be, which disabled TM. Then, when it starts up it sees the TM switch which is what is throwing the code. But that is totally a guess. It would be interesting to see what happens if you re-enable the tweak.

If you did and you said that I apologize. If that is what happened, my guess is that Ford closed a hole in the software. Might have been a bug that enabled it by accident.

Advertisement

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
This is troublesome! Anyone?
It would be troubling if this was intentional by the dealer. I would think it's an independent dealer thing - I have had my Ranger in after making various changes and my dealer has never changed anything back nor made any comment!

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
I tried to forscan and it still doesn’t work. If Ford did this with the updated pcm, that is wrong. All I can do is try a new TM control in case something happend to it. I don’t want to spend that kind of money and it not work. I wish I new how to test the TM control.

James Caper

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
If you had a backup of your PCM and you restored it would that not fix this?

James Caper

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Did you back up before you made the TM change and after. If you restore to before it should overwrite the pcm back you your default and then make the TM change

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
@Michael Crowe Have you pulled the switch out to look at it? Maybe they went sneaky and disconnected a wire or two for the TM part.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Can some send me a picture of the connection so I can compare wires.

James Caper

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
Not putting my sons in til 25 Dec 2020 so if you don't get one by then let me know.

tugger50

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
I finally got my TM knob and installed it this morning. It all works as advertised. Thanks to everyone on the forum for the explanations and videos. It helped a lot .

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Developer
Have to say snow mode is a huge difference!
Came to say this as well. It reduces the throttle sensitivity and torque a bunch giving a lot more control on slippery roads. Seems to increase the sensitivity of TCS and ABS as well

Advertisement

Advertisement