speaker upgrade

Sign1941

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT/FX4
I went with the Focal Integration IS Ford 165 both front and rears, not cheap, but worth every penny and couldn't be happier. Install was simple since its plug and play with existing speaker plugs and mounts. You will lose a bit of db but still plenty of power from the stock HU to drive them at high volumes.

If I had to do it over again after hearing the amount of mid bass they put out, cancelling the need for a small under seat sub, I might have gone with the Focal Flax Evo. Slightly less sensitivity at 2.83vdc (91.5 vs 91.7) but more range. But for the amount of time I'm in the vehicle, and what I listen to, it would be a tough choice to spend the extra money.
So the Focal Inside IS FORD 165 also fit the rear door? They don't say they fit the rears on the crutchfield site...thanks for clarifying.
Sponsored

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
So the Focal Inside IS FORD 165 also fit the rear door? They don't say they fit the rears on the crutchfield site...thanks for clarifying.

I used these for the fronts.
And these for the rears.

The rears are the coax version and have a thicker front facing. They come with a foam ring for the front so they snug to the door panel.

Do not bother with rear inserts (baffles) for the front doors. The window will hit. You can use baffles for the rears as there is room. I just used a patch of Hushmats behind each speaker stuck to the doors.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Kicker's from Crutchfield - 4 doors and tweeters, they sent instructions for lame-o's and all the necessary pieces. Takes maybe an hour if you've not done these things before, less if you have. Good stuff.:like:

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Just a tip, if you’re tearing door panels off it would be a good idea to add some sound insulation matt while you’re there.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I think this little guy will fit in the back pocket where the B&O sub is/would be located. This would allow you to crank up the base on the nano sub unit and lower the Synch system to the door speakers.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
I think this little guy will fit in the back pocket where the B&O sub is/would be located. This would allow you to crank up the base on the nano sub unit and lower the Synch system to the door speakers.
No link :)

OrlandoJay23

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
Occupation
GC
PowerBass is an option and cheaper that crch
Sponsored