Terrain management upgrade?

immersion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Lariat 4x4
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and recently got a 2019 Ranger Lariat (4x4). This forum is awesome. I cannot stop reading! I am looking into doing this mod as well. My Ranger does not have a locking diff. Would there be any interference if I enable the TM with FORScan? I think someone said early on they are independent, but wanted to confirm.

@Michael Crowe - Have you done any other FORScan modifications? Are they still working? If values are back to default, can you reliably enable other mods? I was wondering if the Terrain Management is the only affected component.

Thank you all for your hard work on figuring out the Terrain Management system.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Can u tell if there is a difference.
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and recently got a 2019 Ranger Lariat (4x4). This forum is awesome. I cannot stop reading! I am looking into doing this mod as well. My Ranger does not have a locking diff. Would there be any interference if I enable the TM with FORScan? I think someone said early on they are independent, but wanted to confirm.

@Michael Crowe - Have you done any other FORScan modifications? Are they still working? If values are back to default, can you reliably enable other mods? I was wondering if the Terrain Management is the only affected component.

Thank you all for your hard work on figuring out the Terrain Management system.
Other changes work.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
They appear to be the same wires at the same positions. Are there any other trouble codes reported by FORScan? I cannot find anything related to OU439:83-82.
I need a way to check the switch. For some reason it could have went bad on the TM side.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
So I read through most of this thread, is there any point in doing this with the XL cluster? If I read right I wouldn't be able to tell which mode I'm in without upgrading to the XLT cluster.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
So I read through most of this thread, is there any point in doing this with the XL cluster? If I read right I wouldn't be able to tell which mode I'm in without upgrading to the XLT cluster.
I couldn’t justify it until I swapped the cluster.
‘Mine is an XL,and it made zero sense not being able to tell what mode I was in..
I found a used cluster with miles slightly higher than mine,and drove around with it in the truck until I hit the mileage needed to swap.Had my laptop to make the Forscan changes and done.

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
It was working perfect until I took it in to the dealer for service. This is an XLT cluster.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
It was working perfect until I took it in to the dealer for service. This is an XLT cluster.
That is super frustrating, cant wait till you figure it out. Hopefully someone else in GA will reach out and let you try their switch. If you end up in VA before you get to test the switch's function reach out and you can use mine for the test. Good Luckj

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
It’s super frustrating to see the prices for the switch nearly doubled since this thread started. I should’ve pulled the trigger earlier as this mod for less than 60 was a steal. Nearing 100 I’m a lot less thrilled to fork over the cash. But more importantly I hate knowing I’m paying more for something than it’s worth.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
It’s super frustrating to see the prices for the switch nearly doubled since this thread started. I should’ve pulled the trigger earlier as this mod for less than 60 was a steal. Nearing 100 I’m a lot less thrilled to fork over the cash. But more importantly I hate knowing I’m paying more for something than it’s worth.
Try Rod Baker Ford 16101 S. Lincoln Hwy. Plainfield IL 60586

Just got mine delivered to my mailbox today!

95BE2889-ABCB-4CEF-A65B-540273D697BA.png

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Later on I ordered a glovebox light from them. All the other online dealers had a $50 dollar core charge added to it. I’m like, the truck didn’t come with one and you want a core charge? ? They didn’t have one so I ordered from them too. Just got notice it shipped yesterday. Man, they’re onto us!