Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford probably saw what youall was doing and shut down the suppliers. LOL ?
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Ford probably saw what youall was doing and shut down the suppliers. LOL ?
I said that to my wife this morning. I'm honestly surprised they haven't figured out a way to shut down FORScan.

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
Question about Forscan, I tried to download it and when I said the free 2 month license it took me to the Forscan forum where I can get it free. I am now registered on the forum. When i plug in the cable will it go to the forum or the actual Forscan site. A little confused, sorry.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Question about Forscan, I tried to download it and when I said the free 2 month license it took me to the Forscan forum where I can get it free. I am now registered on the forum. When i plug in the cable will it go to the forum or the actual Forscan site. A little confused, sorry.
you should have the ForScan program downloaded on your pC

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
you should have the ForScan program downloaded on your pC
Yes, you need to have the program downloaded and installed on your Windows PC. You also need to be registered on the forum to download the license key to activate Forscan so you can make changes. So, don't forget your forum user and password. Just record-upped my free license for the third time. Going to by a paid license just haven't decided how long.

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
e.png

Wow...Ordered on Nov. 30th. They (Varsity Ford) processed it the next day (12/1). Says it shipped on 12/1 but it only made it from Ann Arbor, Michigan to Detroit, Michigan. What the... you telling me it can't even make it out of the state in 6 days...wtf.... is this the pony express??

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
Took my Ranger in for service. Now the Terrian Managment doesn’t work. I ask my service advisor about it. She the PCM was updated, because the truck didn’t come with it there is nothing they could do about it. I get a trouble code in the IPC on Forscan that is OU439:83-82. Any information would be helpful.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Took my Ranger in for service. Now the Terrian Managment doesn’t work. I ask my service advisor about it. She the PCM was updated, because the truck didn’t come with it there is nothing they could do about it. I get a trouble code in the IPC on Forscan that is OU439:83-82. Any information would be helpful.
Did you try to change it again in Forscan? If they flashed the module, it probably undid the changes made to activate Terrain Management.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try re-doing the FORScan tweak that enabled TM? ( IPC and enabled select drive mode.) My first guess is that they re-flashed the PCM with what the factory said it should be, which disabled TM. Then, when it starts up it sees the TM switch which is what is throwing the code. But that is totally a guess. It would be interesting to see what happens if you re-enable the tweak.

If you did and you said that I apologize. If that is what happened, my guess is that Ford closed a hole in the software. Might have been a bug that enabled it by accident.

pgilbert

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Program Coordinator
This is troublesome! Anyone?
It would be troubling if this was intentional by the dealer. I would think it's an independent dealer thing - I have had my Ranger in after making various changes and my dealer has never changed anything back nor made any comment!

Michael Crowe

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4x4
I tried to forscan and it still doesn’t work. If Ford did this with the updated pcm, that is wrong. All I can do is try a new TM control in case something happend to it. I don’t want to spend that kind of money and it not work. I wish I new how to test the TM control.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
If you had a backup of your PCM and you restored it would that not fix this?