Sync 3 v3.3 Update Available - 4U5T-14G381-AN

Renman333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Lariat
I've downloaded the update today from owners.ford.com. The file offered for download was "4U5T-14G381-AM.zip" which does not seem to be the latest some members report. The update appears to work via usb, 18201_PRODUCT became 18351_PRODUCT, again not the latest reported here. On the USB stick there is only one file of any significant size, 4U5T-14G381-AM.tar.gz. Unfortunately no xml file was ever generated at the end of the install. I have tried a few times with different sticks, exFAT and FAT32, all seem to process the download however I don't end up at 19052 which is the goal, mostly to get rid of the annoying network connection is required message. At all times WiFi update just spins the animation for a few minutes and then ends, without any prompt to download a new update or that no update is required.

Is anyone able to shed some light? Possibly share a working download or a VIN number that can access a working download? Cheers.

Vehicle is a Ranger Wildtrak 2019 PXIII sold to Australian market.
I also just downloaded and installed update 4U5T-14G381-AM.zip . I ended up with version 18351 also. I could be wrong but ... our updates may take different info, hence different build #'s . IE: could have something to do with the Metric system we use??? Just a guess.
Sponsored

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
You can download off-line maps in google maps or just turn off the CarPlay and use the regular nav. Just have to know all the options that are available and work.
I'll have to look for this button to get back to standard maps. I played around with it for a few minutes but didn't want to waste a ton of time. Stuff like that should be OBVIOUS, IMHO.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Had mine at the dealer for the shifter recall and they said they,d do the update. Sure enough inthe spec.s it says it was updated May 1, but it only went to version.18295, who know! I,ll try this one on my own when I get a chance.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I also just downloaded and installed update 4U5T-14G381-AM.zip . I ended up with version 18351 also. I could be wrong but ... our updates may take different info, hence different build #'s . IE: could have something to do with the Metric system we use??? Just a guess.
Nope, that particular package is common among all regions. The voice package that comes with the 19052 update is regional.

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
I'm all updated, however I am still getting that annoying pop up "Location and Vehicle data sharing..." Has anyone figured out how to make this go away? @UofMEngineer any tips? haha!

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 11.23.04 PM.png

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all updated, however I am still getting that annoying pop up "Location and Vehicle data sharing..." Has anyone figured out how to make this go away? @UofMEngineer any tips? haha!

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 11.23.04 PM.png
I believe that's supposed to be shown one time per paired device connection. So, if you have your phone paired, it should show it to you once, then not again unless there's no device connected, or a new device is paired that hasn't accepted yet. Do you have a phone paired?

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
I believe that's supposed to be shown one time per paired device connection. So, if you have your phone paired, it should show it to you once, then not again unless there's no device connected, or a new device is paired that hasn't accepted yet. Do you have a phone paired?
Yup, IphoneXs paired via bluetooth. I connect my phone when I get in the car via USB to use CarPlay and typically about a minute in the message pops up almost every time. Not sure if it's just me or a common issue.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Im not sure if its just you, but the only time I get it is if i dont have my phone with me and it doesn't detect a device.

Yes kids, it is possible to go somewhere without your phone:wink::)

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, IphoneXs paired via bluetooth. I connect my phone when I get in the car via USB to use CarPlay and typically about a minute in the message pops up almost every time. Not sure if it's just me or a common issue.
What about if you don't plug in for CarPlay? Might be a glitch like the other pop-up causing it to come up too often. I haven't run v3.3 in a while though to poke around.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have the iphone XR and this is not happening to me. Have you tried unpairing / removing your phone and then start over and pair again?

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
I’ve been updated too. I still get that message. I use car play. If I pair my phone, it uses Bluetooth and won’t start car play. So I unpaired my phone and just use car play. If i could set it so CarPlay took precedence over blue tooth, then I would not see that message anymore. Unfortunately, Ford has set it up so Bluetooth devices will connect and stop,CarPlay from working.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
How do I get Sync to update properly? I've been getting this message for a week now every time I get in the car. The system is connected to my HOME wifi.. I've tried to disconnect and re-connect but it doesn't seem to update.

Does the car need to be turned on and at a specific screen? I've also tried going to the "Automatic Updates" page and clicking "Scan for Updates" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
I too have this problem and it drives me nuts. Thanks for posting this.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I updated using the download onto USB from the Ford Owner site. I turned off the Automatic Updates and I haven't turned it back on to see if I still get the message after the update.

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

Add another person to the list of people having this annoying issue. Thinking of just master resetting my Sync system. I'm already on the newest update.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I did the master reset now I have 2 screens I have to close while driving down the road.
Sponsored