Sync 3 v3.3 Update Available - 4U5T-14G381-AN

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Wireless Car Play has been out for over a year now. Alpine and Pioneer both offer models that have this feature. I have the Alpine ILX-107 in my Mustang and I love it! Our Rangers already have wifi, so it's lame that we do not have wireless car play already. If more hw is needed, then they need to make that an upgrade and offer it to those that want it.
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Wireless Car Play has been out for over a year now. Alpine and Pioneer both offer models that have this feature. I have the Alpine ILX-107 in my Mustang and I love it! Our Rangers already have wifi, so it's lame that we do not have wireless car play already. If more hw is needed, then they need to make that an upgrade and offer it to those that want it.
So FORD does offer it in the Mustang w/ the Alpine radio. Maybe just need to change out the B&O system in the Ranger with an Alpine then.

RangerWildtrak

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Nav or Non-Nav? The 381 isn't region specific, but the 391's updated with that release would be.
The unit does have navigation, somewhere I thought i saw maps were from 2017, which is another issue by itself. I've been using Google maps.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
So FORD does offer it in the Mustang w/ the Alpine radio. Maybe just need to change out the B&O system in the Ranger with an Alpine then.
The Alpine is an aftermarket unit. I think Alpine and Pio have them. On an OEM basis, last I saw it was maybe 10ish nameplates total that had support. Handful of Audis, couple BMWs, etc.

The unit does have navigation, somewhere I thought i saw maps were from 2017, which is another issue by itself. I've been using Google maps.
Check PM

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any idea when the fix for the "stuttering" will occur? I applied the update and now my synch unit will pause or stutter occasionally when giving directions or reading text messages. If I knew how I'd go back to the prior version which didn't have the issue.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any idea when the fix for the "stuttering" will occur? I applied the update and now my synch unit will pause or stutter occasionally when giving directions or reading text messages. If I knew how I'd go back to the prior version which didn't have the issue.
As of now, it seems like the 3.4 update, whenever that rolls out. It can occur with any 3.3 build to date.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Another question - has anyone who updated via USB gotten Ford to acknowledge the update? I've uploaded the results file like 5 or 6 times, but it still keeps telling me that I need to confirm the update and it still shows the only update is the one from the factory when it was built.
As of now, it seems like the 3.4 update, whenever that rolls out. It can occur with any 3.3 build to date.
There is no way to roll back? I would take that bogus message about updating over this stuttering issue.....

In the future, I will make sure I save all the update files so I can re-apply the old one of something like this happens.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is no way to roll back? I would take that bogus message about updating over this stuttering issue.....

In the future, I will make sure I save all the update files so I can re-apply the old one of something like this happens.
If you still have the old -AM file, you can try to see if rolling back helps. I believe it should install as it's not the same version. The other post has a direct link to that package, so you can try that if it's active. There shouldn't be anything in the latest build that makes this better/worse though.

For the website, it can take a while to update to the latest. Some folks have had better luck running an update check from the vehicle to get the system to update faster to what's actually installed.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I had stuttering before the update, so I don't think the update changed anything in that regard. It didn't happen all the time, so you might have just not had it happen before.

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
How do I get Sync to update properly? I've been getting this message for a week now every time I get in the car. The system is connected to my HOME wifi.. I've tried to disconnect and re-connect but it doesn't seem to update.

Does the car need to be turned on and at a specific screen? I've also tried going to the "Automatic Updates" page and clicking "Scan for Updates" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How do I get Sync to update properly? I've been getting this message for a week now every time I get in the car. The system is connected to my HOME wifi.. I've tried to disconnect and re-connect but it doesn't seem to update.

Does the car need to be turned on and at a specific screen? I've also tried going to the "Automatic Updates" page and clicking "Scan for Updates" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
I'd do the update via USB from the FORD sync site. That's where most of us have done it. Here's the link to the thread.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/sync-3-v3-3-update-available-4u5t-14g381-an.2497/

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet

FullSizeRender.jpeg
I've got the same exact problem - I connect to my home wifi but I don't see any visible indication that something is happening. Screen just sits there. Good to know there is a USB option, but dang...you would expect the wifi route to work!

Anybody get the wifi route to work?

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
I've got the same exact problem - I connect to my home wifi but I don't see any visible indication that something is happening. Screen just sits there. Good to know there is a USB option, but dang...you would expect the wifi route to work!

Anybody get the wifi route to work?
Agree. Ford clearly doesn't get the OVER THE AIR update process if it's this annoying. I mean I work in TECH and had to ask this question? What about people who are not tech savy!? How are they supposed to deal with this BS?

There's a lot of little annoying things in the ford sync system that just drive me insane. ONe thing is that when you have your phone plugged in it FORCEs you to use the phones maps! I was out camping last weekend and didn't have cell service, it should let me use the built in maps on the car!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ONe thing is that when you have your phone plugged in it FORCEs you to use the phones maps! I was out camping last weekend and didn't have cell service, it should let me use the built in maps on the car!
Do you normally use Android Auto or CarPlay? If so, you can disable them when needed (I think there's a settings shortcut on the Home screen when they're active), then it'll re-activate the built-in Nav, etc.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you normally use Android Auto or CarPlay? If so, you can disable them when needed (I think there's a settings shortcut on the Home screen when they're active), then it'll re-activate the built-in Nav, etc.
You can download off-line maps in google maps or just turn off the CarPlay and use the regular nav. Just have to know all the options that are available and work.
Sponsored