Sync 3 v3.3 Update Available - 4U5T-14G381-AN

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
NA vehicles have the 30 minute on time in accessory mode. Typically these updates are small enough that they complete in under that time. No need to waste gas idling.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
NA vehicles have the 30 minute on time in accessory mode. Typically these updates are small enough that they complete in under that time. No need to waste gas idling.
I actually had the truck completely off and it updated. Unless it updated in 4-5 minutes with the truck running.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I tried using the auto update with the truck in my garage connected to my wifi and all I got was a looking for update spinning thing for a while so I downloaded the update to a USB drive.
I then plugged the USB in with the truck running and it said it's updating.
I watched this video and at 1:18 seconds it said the truck can be turned off and it still will update. I tried that and a half hour later I started the truck and in a couple of minutes the download complete window came up. I removed the USB and checked the update number and it updated to 19052.
Did I get lucky? I don't know but it did update. I'm not good at this tech stuff.

Video
https://www.google.com/search?newwi.....35i39i285j35i39j0i131.DGQBkpBTKrY#kpvalbx=1

eu1YDp0.jpg
Hi Joe

There is an old saying "Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut" ;)

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

AviationRanger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have been trying to update my Sync3 for awhile now. The website doesn’t show any available downloads (just a spinning circle telling me to wait). I have tried three different browsers in two different operating systems. Can someone post the latest to google drive or something?

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I have been trying to update my Sync3 for awhile now. The website doesn’t show any available downloads (just a spinning circle telling me to wait). I have tried three different browsers in two different operating systems. Can someone post the latest to google drive or something?
I have a Lariat also but I think the file is the same for all Rangers anyway. Will upload and let you know when it's in my google drive.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is the shared .zip file link in my Google drive. You should be able to download. Let me know if you get it.

Last edited:

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Same thing here, multiple browsers...I'm fed up with this nonsense. They've made it so there's effectively no way to access the update.

AviationRanger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is the shared .zip file link in my Google drive. You should be able to download. Let me know if you get it.

Thanks, but based on the date in the file I am wondering if this is build 19052. (and the forum hides the link to the file until I hit reply... which was odd).

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Same thing here, multiple browsers...I'm fed up with this nonsense. They've made it so there's effectively no way to access the update.
I kept getting the spinning circle on the Ford site to get the download...a message would come up "validating" then nothing.

It wasn't until I connected to WIFI in the truck that I was able to see the download on my computer. Don't know if this was just a coincidence.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks, but based on the date in the file I am wondering if this is build 19052. (and the forum hides the link to the file until I hit reply... which was odd).
It is 19052.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Damn! I've got Build 18295 and can't get it to update over the Air and I followed all the instructions and got a Install Failed message with USB drive.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you don't have any Popup blockers on. Had the same issue until I disabled popup blocker on my browser for that site!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you don't have any Popup blockers on. Had the same issue until I disabled popup blocker on my browser for that site!
Some ad blockers or privacy tracker utils will cause it to fail too. Using generic Chrome (with no plugins), I was able to get it to work. That website is an abomination though. It looks good, but it functions horribly.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Some ad blockers or privacy tracker utils will cause it to fail too. Using generic Chrome (with no plugins), I was able to get it to work. That website is an abomination though. It looks good, but it functions horribly.
Amen to that!!! Glad I do not have to access regularly!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored