JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I was already on 19052 for a couple days and today I got in my truck and there was a pop up banner across the top that said 'system updated', it disappeared too quickly for me to tap it to see what it was though. System still shows 19052, maybe it was just a gracenotes update or something.
This popped up on my screen today.

IMG-4547.JPG
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
This is almost like summoning a monster from the great beyond :)

Thanks for joining the party!
Hah. Nah, I like to stay active on a few forums, especially the vehicles I have / am looking at for the obvious reasons.

19052 FYI - Beyond the street name item I mentioned, looks like it was mainly for a rear view camera display issue of some sort and removal of the annoying network connection needed pop-up.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'm still getting the location popup, but the other one was squashed for sure. I tried to do what the location one said to do, but it does not seem to have helped.

mstealth22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just FYI. 381 is the core applications (main software). 391 is for voice.
Awesome, thank you. Agreed on the changelog \ release note detail questions. If anything is ever published it would be great see. Is there any official bug/issue report method?

Last edited:

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think someone is working on trying to provide dealers with a little more detail on software changes at least. Only "official" method for reporting problems is same as usual, contact a dealer / FoMoCo customer service.

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Man, that was much easier, and quicker, than the youtube videos I watched. Hopefully the wifi message goes away for good!

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Does anyone know if Ford is planning to add wireless Car Play? Given we have wifi, it should be included already.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if Ford is planning to add wireless Car Play? Given we have wifi, it should be included already.
Who else offers wireless Car Play?

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Wireless CarPlay? Doesn’t the Ranger already have Bluetooth connectivity? With an iPhone and CarPlay app you should be good to go, right?

RangerWildtrak

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
I've downloaded the update today from owners.ford.com. The file offered for download was "4U5T-14G381-AM.zip" which does not seem to be the latest some members report. The update appears to work via usb, 18201_PRODUCT became 18351_PRODUCT, again not the latest reported here. On the USB stick there is only one file of any significant size, 4U5T-14G381-AM.tar.gz. Unfortunately no xml file was ever generated at the end of the install. I have tried a few times with different sticks, exFAT and FAT32, all seem to process the download however I don't end up at 19052 which is the goal, mostly to get rid of the annoying network connection is required message. At all times WiFi update just spins the animation for a few minutes and then ends, without any prompt to download a new update or that no update is required.

Is anyone able to shed some light? Possibly share a working download or a VIN number that can access a working download? Cheers.

Vehicle is a Ranger Wildtrak 2019 PXIII sold to Australian market.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IIRC, there's some additional hardware changes needed to support this. Only a handful of vehicle support it today, mostly lux OEMs.

I've downloaded the update today from owners.ford.com. The file offered for download was "4U5T-14G381-AM.zip" which does not seem to be the latest some members report. The update appears to work via usb, 18201_PRODUCT became 18351_PRODUCT, again not the latest reported here. On the USB stick there is only one file of any significant size, 4U5T-14G381-AM.tar.gz. Unfortunately no xml file was ever generated at the end of the install. I have tried a few times with different sticks, exFAT and FAT32, all seem to process the download however I don't end up at 19052 which is the goal, mostly to get rid of the annoying network connection is required message. At all times WiFi update just spins the animation for a few minutes and then ends, without any prompt to download a new update or that no update is required.

Is anyone able to shed some light? Possibly share a working download or a VIN number that can access a working download? Cheers.

Vehicle is a Ranger Wildtrak 2019 PXIII sold to Australian market.
Nav or Non-Nav? The 381 isn't region specific, but the 391's updated with that release would be.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wireless CarPlay? Doesn’t the Ranger already have Bluetooth connectivity? With an iPhone and CarPlay app you should be good to go, right?
Yes, there is BT to play audio, but for CarPlay you have to be plugged into via USB.
Sponsored