(suggestions wanted) Pro Tip: don't let the radio antenna get pulled out of your roof - pictures included!

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Little update: finally dropped the truck off today for repairs, part of the roof was torn and requires welding, sanding, and painting to prevent rush. I should hear back tomorrow if they have any additional findings, here's hoping my duct tape kept the moisture out as well as it appeared to be doing.
luckily, CO is much dryer than FL... Here's hoping this is relatively easy and painless.
Sponsored

OP
OP
UnregistredHypercam2

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Update: repair is complete and I invested in a stubby antenna, all is well once again

IMG_2951.jpg

OP
OP
UnregistredHypercam2

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I heard your thinking about a roof rack…. You gonna fit in the garage after that?
Shouldn't have any issues (fingers crossed). I bought the lower profile mounting system for the Rhino Rack Pioneer. The antenna issue was due to some poorly run cabling, I still have a good bit of clearance to the garage door motor itself.

Will be doing a dry run with the kit assembled prior to drilling though....

In other news, you have time one of these weekends coming up? I have UCA's coming in tomorrow hopefully and I still have yet to install the coil overs.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I’m true adult fashion, I’m booked through January. If you don’t get them installed before, I will set aside a weekend in February to help you. I can do the first weekend in February.

OP
OP
UnregistredHypercam2

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I’m true adult fashion, I’m booked through January. If you don’t get them installed before, I will set aside a weekend in February to help you. I can do the first weekend in February.
You old people and your plans, I'll shoot you a text later next month if I don't get them on before Feb.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
You old people and your plans, I'll shoot you a text later next month if I don't get them on before Feb.
Lol if you want it done sooner I might be able to help out. Either at your place or if you feel like going to the higher elevation of Woodland Park!! Well if there isnt any snow up here that is

OP
OP
UnregistredHypercam2

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Lol if you want it done sooner I might be able to help out. Either at your place or if you feel like going to the higher elevation of Woodland Park!! Well if there isnt any snow up here that is
I might just take you up on that, shoot me a PM with your telegram if you have it.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
OP
OP
UnregistredHypercam2

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I’m 39 and last summer when using an industrial vacuum at a car wash, I busted the front computer screen. I easy fix right, just a glorified double din size screen, they should be able to just replace the screen like an iPhone, right?

Nope. Took it in and said it would be like $5500. That was an insurance claim, and now I’m paying for it a bit…. ??‍♂

bite the bullet and get it done out of pocket. Sucks bud, though at least that cord didn’t get pulled when backing out and detaching the door to come slamming down on your rig. That would surely be a more expensive repair.

Reminds me to go shorten that cord this morning.
I ended up paying out of pocket, glad I did as my insurance in Colorado went up a little from Florida anyways. Found a local shop that had the repair done in about a week. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that much money, but money I would've rather spent on mods.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Reminds me of the 12 seater plane (I think it had that many) I flew from Gitmo to Fort Lauderdale. There was duct tape on all the windows on the inside! They called it 200 mph duck tape. I kid you not!
I know this is an old post but I had to laugh at it, I have used 200 mph tape on many a cracked rivet, hole or deep dent in aircraft many a time. If the 12 seat you flew in was a twin and military it was more than likely a U21.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. Don’t worry though, I’m sure you’ll find more money for the mods. ?
Interesting Colorado is more expensive to insure than Florida. I would have thought otherwise.
We have snow and all the Florida drivers moving here...

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5