Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Well it took them a week to finally fix it but so far so good. Not a single rattle/squeak.

The shop foreman who rode with me said he was going to push it through last Thursday. Didn't happen. Then they were going to get it done Friday.. Huge parts order came in and he got side-tracked receiving all the deliveries since many were for repairs that have been waiting for months. (Way to go Ford) They finally got to it on Monday and then wanted to keep it one more day to test drive it in the same conditions I replicated the rattle. So by 10 AM yesterday no word from them I called and was told they were still working on it. I about lost my shit over that and told the service manager that either the truck needs to be ready for pickup or I was going to rent a car and submit the bill to them because they literally sat on it for days doing absolutely nothing.

30 minutes later they call and the truck is ready but they wanted to send it through make-ready to get it all cleaned up.

I'll probably run my borescope up under the dash this weekend just to make sure the clips are properly seated. More to satisfy my own curiosity than anything else.
I’m glad this finally worked out for you Bret - it’s a good thing you were tenacious and have a scope. By posting about it, you’ve given others something to watch out for if their dash is ever R&R’d.

Enjoy your squeak-free ride.
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Parts finally came in to replace hvac box. Scheduled to go in for repair on monday. Dealership has no loaners, so i have to go rent a car, which sucks. They are going to reimburse me but it is still a hassle. Supposed to be a 2 day repair, hope so.
If they allow the tech to work on it all day and don't pull him off to take care of "waiters" and other job they should be able to get in done in 2-days....should. It is a big job!

As far as the rental, sometimes you just have to be a pushy jerk to get them to cover the rental at their expense and have them set it up.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
But, good luck with that. You'd be hard pressed to get them to agree on a rental. This is the new way of repairs, warranty or not. Leave the truck there so they look at it when they have time. Then leave it there until they can fix it.

I'm glad you finally got it fixed. Seems like you had to diagnose the problem for them.
That did the last time I had it in for an extended period of time fixing the water leaks. My biggest complaint this round was their insistence that they would push it through then failing to do so for multiple days. I has assurances from the Service writer, shop foreman, and service manager it would be done by a certain date. They completely failed to do so that's when I started getting irritated.

I get it things can be delayed, but don't make promises that you're going to do something and then fail to do it with each new promise.
Sponsored