Start Stop Feature on the 2.3L Ecoboost

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
After picking up my truck it works as designed and it really doesn't bother me at all. I'm not going to bother defeating this unless I have an actual reason to.
Sponsored

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/store/c9/2019_Ford_Ranger.html

I got this and absolutely love it. The start stop function was really starting to get on my nerves after driving the truck a couple of weeks. After installing this, I never have to worry about it. I like the fact that it doesn't lose functionality but just changes its default to OFF. I still like to use the button to kill the engine at a longer traffic light, I just hated it going off and on in stop and go traffic. Its easy to install and totally worth it IMO.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I love the start/stop feature and find it very useful with some of the traffic delays around the cities. But you're all working too hard at this disabling business. Next time you are coming to a stop lightly engage the brake pedal until stopped but do not push down more than needed to hold the truck back. If you listen closely you will hear the switching point on the brake pedal that engages the feature

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I'm forever puzzled by this feature. Sometimes it will be 25F outside, and the feature will not work, the other day it was 0F and it was working fine, so it's not as "Goldie Locks" as I originally thought...

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I will keep the ASS active on my Ranger because ultimately it saves me about 10-15 minutes of idling fuel most times I drive my truck. What really drives me nuts is how aggressive it is, the time required to activate the feature should be longer. I don’t want it working at a 4-way stop, but at big intersections that have you sitting for 5 minutes between green lights it’s very useful. And I’ve mastered lightly lifting my foot enough to re-start the engine without allowing the truck to begin rolling forward.

BUT MOST OF ALL, when I pull into a parking spot and don’t immediately put the truck into park, the ASS will activate. Then when I put the vehicle into Park it starts up the engine again, right before I shut off the ignition.

So the engine will be ON-OFF-ON-OFF in the matter of seconds as I’m parking.

I need a Forscan modification to increase the time until activation of the ASS.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
There's a point at where you are on the brakes where it won't activate even though you're at a complete stop. There's nothing in Forscan that I've seen or heard off that deals with start stop.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Magnetic

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured I would post this here as well: Added to the Forscan Wiki.
Forscan Modification- Disable auto start/stop
726-48-02 x1xx-xxxx-xxxx
1=on 0=off
This perminately disables the auto start stop. The button and dash indicator will still illuminate/function but they no longer do anything.
I verified. Someone else willing to verify?

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Forget the fuel mileage, just pop it in Sport Mode and it seems to disable Stop/Start

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Non-issue......Unless your Mr. I gotta beat that guy when this light turns green.

Foot off the brake, trucks starts, you go on your way. With my commute probably happens five times each way.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Figured I would post this here as well: Added to the Forscan Wiki.
Forscan Modification- Disable auto start/stop
726-48-02 x1xx-xxxx-xxxx
1=on 0=off
This perminately disables the auto start stop. The button and dash indicator will still illuminate/function but they no longer do anything.
I verified. Someone else willing to verify?
I would like to hear this has been verified too.

Are you sure this disables it altogether? I thought it just didn't default to On, so changing this value should just change the default state to Off. The button should still work if you decide to turn back on.

Akshon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like to hear this has been verified too.

Are you sure this disables it altogether? I thought it just didn't default to On, so changing this value should just change the default state to Off. The button should still work if you decide to turn back on.
Yes. It no longer functions. Changing the string effectively removes the BMS pid. Since the auto start/stop is dependent upon communication with the bms, it will no longer shut the vehicle down without a BMS status.
(Requirements not met) This is kind of like unplugging the BMS monitor wire from the negative battery cable except no codes are thrown and it wont interfere with other systems. The indicator and switch/lamp still work, however the vehicle will never shut off. I drove around for 4 days and a few hundred miles to test. If you want the ability to turn it back on/off on the fly then the “Auto Stop Eliminator” would be a better choice.

kcoen

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 crew cab
Received my auto start stop eliminator today, installed and working great! Recommend product to anyone so far.

sblish

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Sold F-150 (Sold Janurary 2019 when Ranger Ordered)
My RS has Start/Stop and the car is obviously manual and it still doesn't bother me. I don't get the hate.
Josh,

Like you I have an RS. Still waiting on my Ranger. Blend date of 4/2

The start/stop on the manual with the GDI is a nightmare. It cuts the fuel pressure, and I have stalled the car quite a few times coming off the line right after the car restarts when you push the clutch in. Not sure this would be an issue with the automatic. For a while I just kept the clutch on the floor to keep it from shutting the engine down.

However, I just have a button push pattern when I get in the car (live in New England). 2 pushes on the seat heater, one one the steering wheel heater, one of the autostop. It used to be 2 to put in sport mode, but I had the guy who tuned the car move the throttle map over from sport to manual. (Well that and 330 bhp and 425 ft/lbs TQ at wheel)

My current stance is I am not going to mess with the tune on the truck. We will see how that works out.

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Received my auto start stop eliminator today, installed and working great! Recommend product to anyone so far.
Cool - I will order mine today. Were you able to install it without taking the console apart? I guess you can go through the shifter boot? How long did it take you?

Many thanks for sharing!
Sponsored