Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. The same message popped up on my Jeep when the ASS (gotta love that abbrevation) stopped working. The battery crapped out.
One has to wonder why this setup made it past the boardroom. Variable charge for batteries seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
One has to wonder why this setup made it past the boardroom. Variable charge combined with a constant start/stop seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
Auto Stop Start doesn't really bother me that much.... Why does it bother some? Is it because someone want to drag race at stop light? LOL. I mean, I'm ok with engine off at stop light as it'd save some gas....

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Yes, it’s quite the struggle! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ha good one

@BlackRanger01 because it stops the engine at most inopportune time. like parking. pull into a parking spot, engine shuts off then starts back up when I shift into park and off again when I turn the power off. or come up to red light to make quick right turn. the engine was off for 1 second. what is needed is a button to push when coming up to a light TO shut off the engine when you know you will be a minute

OP
OP
2020FRL

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired
Well ... the mystery is solved.

Apparently, about a week ago I turned the defroster on ... :blush: ... I think it is the only time I have taken the climate control system out of auto. We normally are in the 15-25% humidity range.The day I turned the defroster on it was rain really hard for about four hours ....AB Normal for around here. Anyway, I had a PT appointment with the VA, so I did the run to the truck thing. The windshield was fogged pretty good, so I found the button and turned on the defrost. I guess I assumed it would go back to auto. (I mean really, I'm a big enough boy to be able to "lock" the defroster on, but apparently not sharp enough to decide if
I want start/stop activated?????)

Sorry, rant over, we now return to our regularly scheduled programing.

So I did some testing, the stop start now works like it should. Darnit.

So, I am now knee deep in the "getting to know" Forscan and the OBD lint thing. I have successfully gotten ForScan loaded on my older Windows 10 "confussor" and gotten the drivers for the link thing loaded. I now just need to figure out to modify things on the truck. All I really want is to turn off the Start Stop thing and the Double honk thing.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Ha good one

@BlackRanger01 because it stops the engine at most inopportune time. like parking. pull into a parking spot, engine shuts off then starts back up when I shift into park and off again when I turn the power off. or come up to red light to make quick right turn. the engine was off for 1 second. what is needed is a button to push when coming up to a light TO shut off the engine when you know you will be a minute

Right as you come to a stop, reduce a little pressure on the brake pedal and AS/S wont engage.

JeffB

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muastang, Mazda 6
Auto Stop Start doesn't really bother me that much.... Why does it bother some? Is it because someone want to drag race at stop light? LOL. I mean, I'm ok with engine off at stop light as it'd save some gas....
Seems crazy dangerous to me. You're stopped at a light and see someone behind you not stopping and you need to get out of the way fast! Oh wait, let me wait for the engine to start back up..... RIP

Last edited: