engine start stop

Prime Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Broadcasting
I've been watching videos and reading stuff about getting a wireing harness or disconnecting a wire from the battery, bur what have you guys done? What are the consequences pf using any of these methods?
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
There are many ways discussed in these forums. If you use .the search tool use the google tab for a better result.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
OK, thank you!
Everything from using a night light, to buying an eliminator or even detaching the BMS system, etc.

If you get a tune they will also turn of the ASS system.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
If you don't have the AC plug in the back the easiest way to kill it (other than pushing the button every time) is unplug the sensor on the negative battery terminal. That will kill the monitoring system so it wont attempt to shut down. It wants to make sure it has enough power to start back up when you release the brakes.

Next up on the easy scale is FORSCAN. Get the software and the plug and you can turn it off. Not sure if it has an impact on battery life like unplugging the monitoring system might..

Or the best option IMO. Contact the guys a Livernois https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/ and get a tuner. I went with their 91/93 Soft Shift tune out of the 5 options. I gained a ton of power, better mpg than Auto Start/Stop ever gave me, and the Truck is so much better to drive now. (They kill the Auto/stop start for you as well without unplugging sensors) Just... warranty is up to how cranky a dealer is and what broke.

Do no plug in the test light for the trailer; that kills the blind spot stuff.

If you have an AC plug in the back (my 21 XLT does not).. a night light is an option. Especially if you are afraid of the dark.

I am just a bit south of you. A bit too much to probably ever randomly run into each other.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
The night light plugged in the back seat outlet is an awfully simple solution.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Just put the gear selector in S mode and it kills ASS - it also perks up your shifting and puts a bit of lead in your pencil. :wink: ?
Sponsored