Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the feature and have to deal with it on both my vehicles. I shut it off after start up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Desert_5G

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
my auto stop eliminator has shipped :D Anyone else order one?

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
my auto stop eliminator has shipped :D Anyone else order one?
I installed and tested it for Travis this past weekend. Cinch to install and works great . One thing when you go to install, you don't need to pull the center cover off completely, just enough to reach the clips and pop the button through from the bottom to unclip the cable. Srsly a 5 minute job.. You do need to use some muscle to pull the required trim pcs off so don't be afraid to yank on them

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I installed and tested it for Travis this past weekend. Cinch to install and works great . One thing when you go to install, you don't need to pull the center cover off completely, just enough to reach the clips and pop the button through from the bottom to unclip the cable. Srsly a 5 minute job.. You do need to use some muscle to pull the required trim pcs off so don't be afraid to yank on them
Did you happen to take any photos during the process? It would make a good DIY post.

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Just saw this post, I did the same thing. Took me 5 min, I could do it again in half the time.

Pop the shifter cover off, slowly working around it with a couple flat head screw drivers. I didn't use painters tape, but may be a good idea. Any tape would work, duct or masking.

Getting the button out was easy once I figured it out. Not quite enough room for fingers. Use a long flat head screwdriver and push the clip on each side, once from the drivers side then from the passenger side, the button pops right out...install device, goes back together in 30 seconds.

Works great!

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I have been driving the truck for about a week now and the start/stop isn't perfect but it doesn't really bother me. I live in the Seattle area so traffic SUCKS. Freeways aren't an option so I end up on back roads a lot, and that means lots of stop lights. That also means a lot of idling, so having the engine shut off makes sense. After letting off the brake I give the truck an extra half second before going, that eliminates any awkward starts.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this post, I did the same thing. Took me 5 min, I could do it again in half the time.

Pop the shifter cover off, slowly working around it with a couple flat head screw drivers. I didn't use painters tape, but may be a good idea. Any tape would work, duct or masking.

Getting the button out was easy once I figured it out. Not quite enough room for fingers. Use a long flat head screwdriver and push the clip on each side, once from the drivers side then from the passenger side, the button pops right out...install device, goes back together in 30 seconds.

Works great!
Did you pop just the shift cover, or did you take the cig lighter panel off too?

Josh_R

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2004 Ranger, 2013 Edge
Turn on the defroster. I've yet to have the auto stop/start kick in with the defrost turned on. I always keep the defrost on at level 1, when the windows are up, anyway.

upload_2019-3-1_13-24-36.png

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I test drove one after I made the deal for mine and the start/stop never engaged. Pretty much all the conditions listed above were met as far as I could tell.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
Compared to my last vehicle, the auto start stop is significantly less disruptive. I barely know its there, and haven't minded it as much.