Start Stop Feature on the 2.3L Ecoboost

kcoen

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 crew cab
Cool - I will order mine today. Were you able to install it without taking the console apart? I guess you can go through the shifter boot? How long did it take you?

Many thanks for sharing!
Didn't take me too long to install, I followed the instructions that is on their website. The counsel part was the easy part to take apart, the two side trim pieces are a pain to get undone but they come off. Used the 7mm wrench to remove the two 12v outlets (Lariat 501a) might be lower hvac on other models. Put my hand in the tray ahead of the shift knob and pulled up, It came up and then un did the switch put the bypass kit on and re-assembled. Wasn't too bad took maybe 30 mins total and that was being cautious.
Sponsored

PonyXpress

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Excellent! Thank you sir!

mine shipped today, and I also have the Lariat 501a setup - thanks for sharing!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Installed the AutoStop Eliminator in about 10 minutes yesterday....works as advertised. All I did was remove the console top panel using the Trim Tools from WalMart.com for about $7. Start on the passenger side rear corner with the very thin plastic tool, prying up until you can get a wider and thicker tool under the panel..you will hear a pop as the first retainer detaches...work across the back edge toward the drivers side of the panel...more popping sounds...now work your way down the passenger side and drivers side of the panel, gently lifting as you go using the console side panel edge as leverage. The top panel will now be loose and you can access the gang of switches in which the Stop/Start disable switch is located. Use your fingers to detach the left side of the gang of switches and a long flat blade srewdriver to do the same for the right side...the switches will pop up from the panel to allow disconnection of the wiring harness and installation of the AutoStop Eliminator. Snap the switches back home in the panel and snap the panel back down in the console ....Done! Note that you do not have to use much force to pop the panel loose from the console.

Good luck!
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. - Retired.

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
I have used the truck for just over a month and the system is ok other then when I stop and go to put it in reverse and stop start ? every time ??
man do you look like a tool . this is the problem I hate

any ideas ?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I have used the truck for just over a month and the system is ok other then when I stop and go to put it in reverse and stop start ? every time ??
man do you look like a tool . this is the problem I hate

any ideas ?
?

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
when in drive and I stop to back up as I go from drive to reverse the engine turns off then as it goes in to reverse the engine turns back on ?

the other dumb thing when I come to a stop and put it in park the engine will stop and start ? then I turn off the key . so every time I pull into the garage when I stop ( the engine stops ) and then I turn off the key put it in park to take the key out

dave

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
when in drive and I stop to back up as I go from drive to reverse the engine turns off then as it goes in to reverse the engine turns back on ?

the other dumb thing when I come to a stop and put it in park the engine will stop and start ? then I turn off the key . so every time I pull into the garage when I stop ( the engine stops ) and then I turn off the key put it in park to take the key out

dave
Maybe this will help
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/easy-auto-start-stop-eliminator.3548/

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase

dave
Leave your foot on the break, put it in park, turn off then remove foot from break, that should solve the parking issue. I have not noticed mine turning off when I go in reverse, maybe I do not come to a full stop, I will have to pay more attention;)

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It surprises me to hear this start/stop feature can't be disabled. The sales guy told me specifically the dealership could disable this feature by doing something to the battery.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
It surprises me to hear this start/stop feature can't be disabled. The sales guy told me specifically the dealership could disable this feature by doing something to the battery.
If the OEM offered a feature to permanently disable the auto start/stop, then they're not allowed to use the auto start/stop during their EPA fuel economy tests.

As others have posted in this thread, you can buy a $100 start/stop eliminator that takes about 10 minutes to do.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
If the OEM offered a feature to permanently disable the auto start/stop, then they're not allowed to use the auto start/stop during their EPA fuel economy tests.

As others have posted in this thread, you can buy a $100 start/stop eliminator that takes about 10 minutes to do.
Or you can plug a usb charger or nite-light into the 110v outlet.
Anything that you plug into the outlet will pull a current, similar to hooking up trailer. The computer recognizes this and turns off the auto-stop.
When the truck is off there is no current draw from the 110v plug.

As mentioned in the link in thread #98 above.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Or you can plug a usb charger or nite-light into the 110v outlet.
Anything that you plug into the outlet will pull a current, similar to hooking up trailer. The computer recognizes this and turns off the auto-stop.
When the truck is off there is no current draw from the 110v plug.

As mentioned in the link in thread #98 above.
Also a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I just got one also, thanks for the info :)