RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
the ring around ignition, taking away 2 tie downs, no light in gear selector. just 3 off the top of my head ... damper... 4
The ring around the ignition wasn't a "cost reduction" - it was never there - even in the first 2019's. WHY they didn't include it I don't know, but it was never there to be "cost reduced".
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!
I'm readin' through this thread on my pc in the basement family room. Denying the temptation to go outside at 10:55PM just to see if the PRNDS lights up.
FAILED.... Went out and checked (damnit). It lights up..... build 04/19
.....sheeesh
Guess I’m not alone. I had to go out and check mine also. :blush:

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Mine lights up.

I'll have to include this info when I sell it. I'm sure I'll get at least a $1 more for my truck.

......and what is it with people and their tailgate dampers? The thing weighs a couple of pounds at most you bunch of wimps.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine lights up.

I'll have to include this info when I sell it. I'm sure I'll get at least a $1 more for my truck.

......and what is it with people and their tailgate dampers? The thing weighs a couple of pounds at most you bunch of wimps.
And windows crank down with only 3-4 turns yet you like the convenience of power windows? Doors lock with just the push of a button...Lazy people! :sunglasses:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Useless would imply you can't find your gear.
But you can right?

Its not rocket science. Manuals have been this way with no indication forever.
Sad that life is so hard we need a light to see our gear selection when there's so many other ways to figure it out.
I honestly have no idea if mine light up or not. I'm so use to just pulling it back 3 clicks (4 for fun mode) it's second nature.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
2020 Lariat here - mine does light up. I know Ford stopped this with the 2020 F150s too.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, recently purchased a new 2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd and came across something i found strange. At night with the headlights on the P R N D S letters on the center console do not light up. The buttons for the auto start/stop do illuminate, and it seems everything else that is supposed to light up does I do have the ambient lighting in this vehicle.

i brought this to my selling dealers attention and was told my trucks gear selector is not supposed to illuminate at night, as my truck “did not have that package”. I find that very odd, as i have seen other trucks XL and XLT,s that did illuminate. The dealer was unable to tell me what package i would have had to have ordered to have a silly light for the gear selection.

Anyways, just curious if anyone else has ran into this, and also if anyone’s elses does or does not work. Thanks, i attached a picture of my gear shifter for reference. Anyone else have a ranger that does not light up PRNDS at night, or just me?

43A73669-D906-4D2E-ADB7-05252FA3311D.jpeg
I have a 19 lariat mine does not light up but the displayed gear selector on the dash does

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I never even gave a single thought to this since the true PRNDS indicator is on the dashboard. But now that I've looked...my '20 XLT built 12/19 does indeed light up.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Mine lights up but I've tried to change the color via the ambient light setting to no avail, the lights stay a dullish greenish. Might have to suck it up and live with it.

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
Mine lights up. Built on 3/2020.

IMG_1357.jpg

Silverfox

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
Useless would imply you can't find your gear.
But you can right?

Its not rocket science. Manuals have been this way with no indication forever.
Sad that life is so hard we need a light to see our gear selection when there's so many other ways to figure it out.
I think you misunderstood. What I mean is that it doesn’t actually show you what gear you’re in and is not required.
Sponsored