First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it in the search. My truck was sold to me with the Roush Stage 1 Performance Pac (tune/CAI) already installed. Is the tune included along with the CAI the same as the Ford Performance tune?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Definitely two different tunes. The Ford Performance tune can be removed with tye Pro Cal 4. The roush tune in there for life.

OP
OP
Dahveed

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Definitely two different tunes. The Ford Performance tune can be removed with tye Pro Cal 4. The roush tune in there for life.
Thanks for the info on that. Not worried about ever needing it removed. I kind of thought they were distinct tunes, but couldn’t find definitive info.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Not sure but the additional advertised HP for the Roush might be the CAI vs the Ford's K/N drop in? I wanted to use my points and keep it under the household radar so I went with Ford :) If indeed you cannot remove the Roush then the Ford kit definitely has an advantage.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info on that. Not worried about ever needing it removed. I kind of thought they were distinct tunes, but couldn’t find definitive info.
This may be a little late. If that is the case, sorry but u may want to read the issue I am having with the Roush Tune. Ref my post on (Roush Performance Tune Level 1 ) thread. Hope all works out for u.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it in the search. My truck was sold to me with the Roush Stage 1 Performance Pac (tune/CAI) already installed. Is the tune included along with the CAI the same as the Ford Performance tune?
No, Ford gives you a tune without the CAI and, perhaps because of this, adds an F&N high-flowing air filter in the bargain. This may actually make a slight difference in performance, or it may be that Ford just wanted to give customers the impression that they were getting something physical that goes in the vehicle for their money, not just the flashed tune and a tool. Some members have raised questions about the long-term safety of the F&N filter and are running their trucks with the Ford Performance tune but stock air filter or an alternative aftermarket (other than K&N) filter. I have left the F&N in so far but will probably go back to stock the next time I have the truck serviced. Judging from members' comments on the various threads that deal with tuning issues, most seem pleased with their Rousch or Ford Performance tunes. I sure am happy with mine!

OP
OP
Dahveed

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
This may be a little late. If that is the case, sorry but u may want to read the issue I am having with the Roush Tune. Ref my post on (Roush Performance Tune Level 1 ) thread. Hope all works out for u.
No worries. Thanks for the heads up. So far I've not had any problems. My dealer had installed the Roush Pac on the truck prior to the sale. They had added about 5k worth of accessories to it, but it got used a bit as a courtesy vehicle (manager's wife, supposedly), so it had about 3600 miles on it when I bought it "new". So, they had knocked 5k back off of the price. So essentially all the extras were free. Warranty still started as new so no biggie in my book.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. Thanks for the heads up. So far I've not had any problems. My dealer had installed the Roush Pac on the truck prior to the sale. They had added about 5k worth of accessories to it, but it got used a bit as a courtesy vehicle (manager's wife, supposedly), so it had about 3600 miles on it when I bought it "new". So, they had knocked 5k back off of the price. So essentially all the extras were free. Warranty still started as new so no biggie in my book.
That sounds like you got a good deal. Enjoy driving it, I know I am.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
I can't find the thread you mentioned. Will you link to it please? Thanks.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase

v125707

First Name
ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER FX4
Occupation
Communications
Im getting the Ford Performance Tune done on monday, also have the Roush could air intake, but have jet to install it. Has anyone try to run this similar setup . Ill get the FPT on monday, and run it with the K&N for a week or so, then add the ROUSH cold air intake, and see what happens.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Im getting the Ford Performance Tune done on monday, also have the Roush could air intake, but have jet to install it. Has anyone try to run this similar setup . Ill get the FPT on monday, and run it with the K&N for a week or so, then add the ROUSH cold air intake, and see what happens.
Your results will probably be similar between the two filters. If anything the Roush intake will be a much better quality filter over the K&N

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Wondering about this too. In the latest Roush email they claim only a little more torque I think 7 with the CAI. I was wondering how the tune would react to after the fact addition of the Roush CAI, Suspect the computer would do some additional learning. I have this on my list. I have the FP (Borla) catback and the tune - you'll love the tune. Be interested if you can tell a difference tuned and tuned + Roush CAI. I got the Ford tune so I could use my point :)

v125707

First Name
ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER FX4
Occupation
Communications
Wondering about this too. In the latest Roush email they claim only a little more torque I think 7 with the CAI. I was wondering how the tune would react to after the fact addition of the Roush CAI, Suspect the computer would do some additional learning. I have this on my list. I have the FP (Borla) catback and the tune - you'll love the tune. Be interested if you can tell a difference tuned and tuned + Roush CAI. I got the Ford tune so I could use my point :)
I will update .
Sponsored