Rattle Under Ranger with Bumps

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hey all, I’m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here. Over the last few weeks I’ve noticed a rattle that sounds to me to be coming from under the truck on the right side somewhere. It’s very noticeable at low speeds when going over train tracks, bumps, etc.

I’ve checked under the frame for loose bolts, checked the emergency brake cable, etc. and all seem to be tight.

Here are two videos with the sound captured as best I could. The one with the train tracks is the most noticeable I think.

Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Anything in your storage compartments or door pockets that could be rattling around? Is your jack tightened down properly?

Sometimes it’s not the truck but what’s in it.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
Always know where your neighbors cat is? Something loose over there ... Had lost a couple screws to an engine mount did that .. also missing bolt on a spring/strut

OP
OP

Sinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Anything in your storage compartments or door pockets that could be rattling around? Is your jack tightened down properly?

Sometimes it’s not the truck but what’s in it.
I’ve checked under the seat, in the bed, and everywhere inside. It’s definitely under the truck as I car hear it echoing off guard rails. One thing I did notice today is it quits when I have pressure on the brakes. I’m gonna take another look at the brake lines and emergency cable to see if anything’s loose.

Reactions: EJH

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
Check your shocks. Mine felt tight if I got under the truck and shook them. Got my son in law to stand on the bumper when I was under the truck and they were moving on the bolts. Torqued them down and the rattle went away.
Sponsored

Last edited: