First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Absolutely love the UP snow pictures, keep ‘em coming. Houghton and north is my dream location to put down roots. Beings I’m 39 and my wife isn’t a cold weather person it’s not gonna happen. Jealous of you!!
The reasons we moved here was the consistent and deep snow, the type of mid moisture snow which is perfect for XCing and other winter sports. Plus the mild winter and summer temps. The lake does much to keep the temps from getting low over the winter and we very rarely see zero. Plus summer temps don't usually get high, most homes here don't have AC. Life is to short to not be enjoying your outdoor weather. ? PM me if you care to hear more.
Sponsored

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
One of my fondest memories was the day I left my snowblower behind and headed to the much warmer climate of Southern Arizona.. Rip snowblower..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That reminds me of the old story of the Yankee looking for a new place to live. He tied his snow shovel on the front of his car and headed south. When the first person asked him "what the hell is that" he exclaimed........ I'm here!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some good Lake Effect snow last few days, unfortunately the wind was off a bit so it didn't get to my area and I had to trailer a half hour north.

No Ranger, but it pulled the trailer that got me here?
Looks like fun - hoping to get up to the cottage in Kincardine (an hour and a bit up the lake from you) and check out the lake effort. So jealous!

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
One of my fondest memories was the day I left my snowblower behind and headed to the much warmer climate of Southern Arizona.. Rip snowblower..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Same here Phil...I left Upstate NewYork March 13, 1998...it was -20F ...could barely get the car started and on the shipment carrier. Even with most family back East, and a visit every-so-often....I’ve never looked back.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Being a lifelong New Englander snow is just part of what comes with it. In fact looks like a Nor’easter is landing here Monday. When I was younger a Ranger 2x drive with some cinder block weight on the tail was the ‘frugal’ way to deal with it. Now older and wiser upgraded to a 4x drive and a track snowblower. (Still do dad’s driveway along with my own) I would have bought a Ranger of that but they don’t make them so I settled for a taco’s little brother.

A37974D2-7CA8-412C-B181-22F3E5124207.jpeg

My Ariens does a great job too

blow 013021.jpg

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
We are forecasted to get 6-10" starting tonight - Monday. Looking forward to taking my Ranger out to play ?
I too was looking forward to that. It better really start snowing because their forecast is off so far. Just a dusting overnight.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When I lived in Fla someone asked me if I knew the difference between a yankee an a dam yankee....I said no..they said:

A Yankee goes south to visit

A Dam Yankee goes south an stays

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Took my Old leather couch and gave it to one of my daughters. Drove 40 miles and nothing bad happened. not much snow here, but Tuesday, I'll take another picture.
PXL_20210131_161137330.jpg

after dropping off the couch, I went to visit my brother at his house and parked next to the snowmobile club's groomer he drives in the Winter, when there is enough snow.
PXL_20210131_174104305.jpg

PXL_20210131_175250725.jpg

Its been a disappointing season so far for snowmobiling

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
We got 3-4" overnight looks like another inch incoming throught.the evening. We got in some sledding and abandoned Kroger donuts. I finally tried out the Terrain Management upgrade I did, it works lol

PXL_20210131_170942505.MP~2.jpg