First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Fair enough, we all have bad days. Hopefully they just don't outweigh the good days. No harm, no foul.
Ohh, for sure the good days are the majority. I wouldn't do it if they weren't. Life is to short to waste time doing something that makes you miserable.

Hey, if the orthopedic shoe fits. haha ;)
I'm just playing the odds since it seems like a good majority of people on here are quite a bit older than I am. What with my lackadaisical Millennial attitude and all. haha
It fits someday.

And I'm kinda digging my old age. I'm a natural curmudgeon so it feels natural.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Don't get me wrong. I like seasons and generally don't mind snow at all. I can even bring myself to enjoy it, skiing, hooning in a parking lot, etc.

The poor attitude towards snow I displayed in that post was probably the product of my situation earlier. The biggest part of my job is babysitting grown men. I was preparing to head in to work on a "snow day." Often times said grown men get hesitant to come to work when it's cold and snowy. Which can make my night rough .

It was misplaced anticipatory anger though. Kids did alright tonight. Only one called in.

Wait a minute...

Did you just call me old?
Babysitting adults...damn Doug, you hit it on the head! ?

We had 20 "sick calls" today, and it doesn't even snow here. All because of rain and wind. It doesn't help that their union allows them to endlessly bank sick days either. Some guys have well over 400 hours of sick time on the books...yes SICK time! I completely understand that some guys just need a PTO day here and there, but if I've got to come to work everyday that I'm not actually sick, the team should have to do it, too. I wouldn't call that misplaced anger at all. Just the reality of having to deal with grown men who consistently cry about having to deal with anything but dry roads and weather. Hell, they even call out sick when it's cold out...and it doesn't even really get cold here!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Babysitting adults...damn Doug, you hit it on the head! ?

We had 20 "sick calls" today, and it doesn't even snow here. All because of rain and wind. It doesn't help that their union allows them to endlessly bank sick days either. Some guys have well over 400 hours of sick time on the books...yes SICK time! I completely understand that some guys just need a PTO day here and there, but if I've got to come to work everyday that I'm not actually sick, the team should have to do it, too. I wouldn't call that misplaced anger at all. Just the reality of having to deal with grown men who consistently cry about having to deal with anything but dry roads and weather. Hell, they even call out sick when it's cold out...and it doesn't even really get cold here!
20? I hope, for your sake, it's a large crew. That would be tough for us to overcome, but we'd have to. I work nights and am home now, I'll crack a few in your honor.

Luckily right now we seem to have a pretty good crew. Everybody has adapted to the increased workload since Covid and are mostly smashing it. We're well staffed and as a junior member of our Babysitters Club that makes it easy on me.

As a former member of IUEC don't even get me started on unions.
Northern AZ. Got a little buried. Up to my hips in some areas!
20210126_145318.jpg
20210126_145341.jpg

20210126_144838.jpg
There's some Arizona snow!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Being a lifelong New Englander snow is just part of what comes with it. In fact looks like a Norā€™easter is landing here Monday. When I was younger a Ranger 2x drive with some cinder block weight on the tail was the ā€˜frugalā€™ way to deal with it. Now older and wiser upgraded to a 4x drive and a track snowblower. (Still do dadā€™s driveway along with my own) I would have bought a Ranger of that but they donā€™t make them so I settled for a tacoā€™s little brother.

A37974D2-7CA8-412C-B181-22F3E5124207.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Being a lifelong New Englander snow is just part of what comes with it. In fact looks like a Norā€™easter is landing here Monday. When I was younger a Ranger 2x drive with some cinder block weight on the tail was the ā€˜frugalā€™ way to deal with it. Now older and wiser upgraded to a 4x drive and a track snowblower. (Still do dadā€™s driveway along with my own) I would have bought a Ranger of that but they donā€™t make them so I settled for a tacoā€™s little brother.
Hey Rick,

Youā€™re definitely prepared. I spent five years and six winters in Moncton, New Brunswick. A Honda with tracks was the go-to snowblower in that area as well. When a Norā€™easter would come in, Iā€™d have to dig myself out the back door to let my dogs out.

My ā€˜01 XLT would always get me to work safely. Now my ā€˜19 XLT does that job. Stay warm!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

A37974D2-7CA8-412C-B181-22F3E5124207.jpeg
One of my fondest memories was the day I left my snowblower behind and headed to the much warmer climate of Southern Arizona.. Rip snowblower..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
One of my fondest memories was the day I left my snowblower behind and headed to the much warmer climate of Southern Arizona.. Rip snowblower..
OK, that settles it, we're not moving to south AZ!

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger XLT/ā€˜03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
Here me with our blower over the years.

arlyn blowing snow 05.jpg

snow blowing.a.jpg

snow blowing.a.jpg
Absolutely love the UP snow pictures, keep ā€˜em coming. Houghton and north is my dream location to put down roots. Beings Iā€™m 39 and my wife isnā€™t a cold weather person itā€™s not gonna happen. Jealous of you!!
Sponsored