Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_0557.JPG

FactionFab 2.5 inch level kit....265/70/17 nitto ridge grapplers...still have crash bars, no rubbing
Do you have a head on view or down the side look (stance)

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Eibach pro truck coilovers..
Still waiting on the rear shocks and rear blocks to arrive..
Hoping to get alignment and tires tomorrow..

Hoping to fit 275/70r18 under it..
If those dont fit I'll go 265/70r18s..

Progress..

Waiting for the running boards too..

20210214_133427.jpg

WAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Reading up getting ready for a small front levelling lift. Saw multiple recommendations for freeing the strut by disconnecting lower A-arm instead of disconnecting the knuckle. But all the YouTube vids I found go thru the knuckle. Anyone have a video link for the A-arm technique? Is it more than just removing the two cam bolts and pulling the arm loose? FWIW, I do have a lift (hoist) to work under.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Reading up getting ready for a small front levelling lift. Saw multiple recommendations for freeing the strut by disconnecting lower A-arm instead of disconnecting the knuckle. But all the YouTube vids I found go thru the knuckle. Anyone have a video link for the A-arm technique? Is it more than just removing the two cam bolts and pulling the arm loose? FWIW, I do have a lift (hoist) to work under.
Sway bar link, tie rods, mark position of all cambers before breaking them. I used a yellow paint marker and scribed lines after cleaning so I know I got them back exactly as they came off. Pop in new shocks. Reassemble and get an alignment as soon as possible. Oh! Readjust your headlights!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Sway bar link, tie rods, mark position of all cambers before breaking them. I used a yellow paint marker and scribed lines after cleaning so I know I got them back exactly as they came off. Pop in new shocks. Reassemble and get an alignment as soon as possible. Oh! Readjust your headlights!
Yes, Rick is right, re-aim your headlights - it’s super easy - there are a few posts on here about how to do it.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Anyone have luck fitting 34-35" tires with minimal lift(say 2-5" lift)? I've seen the APG wide body with 35s on a 3" lift and it's almost exactly what I like, but not really into the widened stance, it's basically a full-size truck at that point(as the ranger sits now I only have about 2' between it and a silverado on the driveway)

I'm not against trimming but don't wanna trim too much(I'd like to have some sort of crash bar when all is said and done, its still a daily)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone have luck fitting 34-35" tires with minimal lift(say 2-5" lift)? I've seen the APG wide body with 35s on a 3" lift and it's almost exactly what I like, but not really into the widened stance, it's basically a full-size truck at that point(as the ranger sits now I only have about 2' between it and a silverado on the driveway)

I'm not against trimming but don't wanna trim too much(I'd like to have some sort of crash bar when all is said and done, its still a daily)
Plenty of threads on tire fit here and what comes with the choices. Going that big will be some major improvements for sure. UCA’s, possibly lowers, crash bars (all) and possibly lowering transfer case depending on how high you go. Lots of Benjamin’s! ?

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4

"I want 35" tires and the look, but I don't want to do any of what's necessary to achieve it..." :crackup:

Like Rick said, if that's what you want, prepare for the work necessary to achieve it. There are some meatier tires that you could go to that would give you a more aggressive stance and appearance without the work - there are a bunch of threads that discuss all of it.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Just had Fox 2.0 Coilovers (non-Ford Performance version - the normal ones) installed this past Friday and I'm so glad that I no longer have the FX4 suspension (the nose dive is gone with braking).

I left the coilovers at the height that they came at and it looks like I got about 2" of lift in the front from them (haven't measured to confirm). No aftermarket upper control arms were installed and the shop that installed it was able to align it at that height.

Tires: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/75/17 - stock wheels. I also fit one of these in the spare tire area without any issues for clearance.

Super happy with the look and feel of the new setup. Sharing this just in case anyone is unsure if a certain tire size will fit with a certain lift.

A893B0F7-DF16-42BF-8F0E-837A56DD2D6B.jpg

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Just had Fox 2.0 Coilovers (non-Ford Performance version - the normal ones) installed this past Friday and I'm so glad that I no longer have the FX4 suspension (the nose dive is gone with braking).

I left the coilovers at the height that they came at and it looks like I got about 2" of lift in the front from them (haven't measured to confirm). No aftermarket upper control arms were installed and the shop that installed it was able to align it at that height.

Tires: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 255/75/17 - stock wheels. I also fit one of these in the spare tire area without any issues for clearance.

Super happy with the look and feel of the new setup. Sharing this just in case anyone is unsure if a certain tire size will fit with a certain lift.

A893B0F7-DF16-42BF-8F0E-837A56DD2D6B.jpg
Very nice. Basically what I want to accomplish for mine. Have you had the Duratracs before? Wondering what single tire would be best for the PNW short of having summer and winter sets.

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Very nice. Basically what I want to accomplish for mine. Have you had the Duratracs before? Wondering what single tire would be best for the PNW short of having summer and winter sets.
Never have had Duratracs before, but I went with these because of the weight relative to other all-terrains in this size (255/75/17) with an aggressive tread pattern.

Very happy with them after about 500 miles of driving thus far, though I think they do not perform as well as the stock tires in the rain as I accidentally broke traction during a hard downpour while getting on the highway (I had never had this happen before with the stock tires).
Sponsored