Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Never have had Duratracs before, but I went with these because of the weight relative to other all-terrains in this size (255/75/17) with an aggressive tread pattern.

Very happy with them after about 500 miles of driving thus far, though I think they do not perform as well as the stock tires in the rain as I accidentally broke traction during a hard downpour while getting on the highway (I had never had this happen before with the stock tires).
Good to know! I feel like those might not be the best for the rain.
Sponsored

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
2.5 loaded struts with 275 65 18 dura tracks raceline wheels

37F209A4-7588-455C-947A-F348B31B9AC9.jpeg

AEF70A86-42C3-4E4B-9A1F-1ECA001E4DB5.jpeg
Dan, I've got the RC 2.5in leveling struts, a set of 0-1in RC shocks for the back, and event got a pair of 1in block from the back (just in case). I'm already running 275/65/18's, but there's just a smidge of rubbing up front at full lock, so we're gonna go up a little. Planning to do the install this weekend, any tips?

tempImageOBLlsK.jpg

Reactions: Doc

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Tacoma guys will never admit their truck is underpowered. They deflect by changing the subject to resale value.:crazy:
I had a 2017 Tacoma Off Road before I had my Ranger. I can never say anything bad about the Tacoma because I liked the truck & it was very reliable & had a very good resale value but the Ranger rides better, steers & handles better, is more nimble, has more power/acceleration, & gets better fuel economy. The Ranger IMHO is a way better daily driver & a better ride if you're driving long distance.The Tacoma which was stock struggled while accelerating. I just hope my Ranger is just as reliable as my Tacoma.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
I had a 2017 Tacoma Off Road before I had my Ranger. I can never say anything bad about the Tacoma because I liked the truck & it was very reliable & had a very good resale value but the Ranger rides better, steers & handles better, is more nimble, has more power/acceleration, & gets better fuel economy. The Ranger IMHO is a way better daily driver & a better ride if you're driving long distance.The Tacoma which was stock struggled while accelerating. I just hope my Ranger is just as reliable as my Tacoma.
I imagine those of us who are non biased have the same opinion. Love the truck, just hope it will last as long as i need it to.

Dorx74

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Dan, I've got the RC 2.5in leveling struts, a set of 0-1in RC shocks for the back, and event got a pair of 1in block from the back (just in case). I'm already running 275/65/18's, but there's just a smidge of rubbing up front at full lock, so we're gonna go up a little. Planning to do the install this weekend, any tips?

tempImageOBLlsK.jpg
Sorry I may have missed your install, best advice I have is to defiantly remove the axle from the front hub, makes the whole install easier, took me about 2 hours to do the front.

CHIEF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER WILDTRACK 2.0L BI TURBO
Quick question: I have a FOX 2.0 lift kit installed on a 2.0L bi turbo Wildtrack running 265/70/17 ET+1 with BFG ATs.

My question is should I be swapping out the UCA as well or are the stock ones fine for this setup?

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Sorry I may have missed your install, best advice I have is to defiantly remove the axle from the front hub, makes the whole install easier, took me about 2 hours to do the front.
I finally got it done today! Took about two hours to do the first one, and only an hour to do the second. And I did pull the axles (per the instructions). Put it all back together, tightened everything, but on the test drive I sometimes get what sounds like a metal on metal ‘clunk’ going over pot holes (I live on a dirt road). Checked it all, still tight, wondering if it’s possible the lower control arm hittin the sway bar end during sudden compression. Thoughts?

Dorx74

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
I finally got it done today! Took about two hours to do the first one, and only an hour to do the second. And I did pull the axles (per the instructions). Put it all back together, tightened everything, but on the test drive I sometimes get what sounds like a metal on metal ‘clunk’ going over pot holes (I live on a dirt road). Checked it all, still tight, wondering if it’s possible the lower control arm hittin the sway bar end during sudden compression. Thoughts?
I have not experienced anything like that, sounds like something might not be fully seated, did you check the upper struts ?

Dorx74

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Quick question: I have a FOX 2.0 lift kit installed on a 2.0L bi turbo Wildtrack running 265/70/17 ET+1 with BFG ATs.

My question is should I be swapping out the UCA as well or are the stock ones fine for this setup?
i ran the stock ones, no issues, my other truck was 3.5 inches and replaced to uca’s with that one, seems like all the lifts/levels I look at 2”-2.5” and down do not have or come with uca, above that seem to include uca.

bklynch68

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor

You only "need" a UCA if your new coils are 2.5 inches in diameter. Fox 2.5 kings, icons all require a UCA. If you do order a UCA make sure to check if you have aluminum or steel knuckles. Camburg and Total Chaos send parts for both knuckles so you're safe with them. Icon is not making for steel yet.
Sponsored