BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Why all the jokes about a tailgate damper?

After having owned pickups since the 70s I have on more than one occasion had the tailgate slip out of my hand and slam against the cables. The damper is a great idea that is long over due in my book.
It's more or less THE running joke here on 5G...and it's Dave's (@AzScorpion) fault... :giggle:

And there are many on here who don't believe in the damper...they are the ostracized
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Same here, we left North Carolina Sunday the 12th. Today, Friday the 17th, we stopped in Albuquerque. To date I have seen a grand total of 2 Rangers. Where in the world are all the Rangers Ford has sold?
In Southeast Alabama!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

After having owned pickups since the 70s I have on more than one occasion had the tailgate slip out of my hand and slam against the cables. The damper is a great idea that is long over due in my book.
It's been a running joke here since the came out in late 2019. Some (like myself) love them and others think they're useless because the tailgate is so light. That's not the point it for convenience just like power windows. I love being able to grab the tailgate when my hands are full with one finger and let it drop without it crashing down. When you're ready for one come see me, I've got the good stuff. ?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

The damper was created to extend the life of threads to infinity, and annoy the moderators. It may be considered as the """""""""Dampering Effect"""""""""""
There should be a sticky warning for new comers.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

It's been a running joke here since the came out in late 2019. Some (like myself) love them and others think they're useless because the tailgate is so light. That's not the point it for convenience just like power windows. I love being able to grab the tailgate when my hands are full with one finger and let it drop without it crashing down. When you're ready for one come see me, I've got the good stuff. ?
Dave meet Dave. Just some info. about my brother Dave. He is the Guru of dampers, and has a damper discount coupon for all of the unwashed. Don't be one of those, and get that damper before it's to late. :)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We went out to one of my favorite restaurants just now & saw a guy pull up in a Rapid Red Ranger. I memorized what he had on ( :giggle: )and approached him on our way out. He & his wife we’re on their way out also. Said he loves his Ranger, but started raving over the Maverick. Said the Maverick was beautiful. I asked him if he had seen one in person & he said the local fire station had one. He was from Tuscaloosa. Sorry, no pics. Didn’t want him to be too freaked out.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What are these magical “power windows” of which you speak? I’m used to having crank windows but my last three trucks never had cranks - my Passat doesn’t have them either. I sure miss being able to roll down the window - I enjoy sharing my tunes with the neighbourhood but I can’t do that anymore. Also, it’s a real pain in the @ss having to get out of the truck at the Tim Hirton’s drive-thru and the cops freak out like crazy when I get out during a traffic stop - always yelling and screaming and wanting to show me their guns. Weird.

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
I see a couple everyday on the streets of Sedona, lots more on the weekend. I was asked twice yesterday about my 19 Scab (how I like it, does it have enough power and do I take off-roading). People really like the size and look of them.
Update 3 months later: I have been seeing a lot more Rangers in my area, we even a Tremor floating around! From what I can tell, I have the only Scab. :rockon: I need to get some Ranger5G forum stickers and hand them out. Most drivers wave, some not so much.
Sponsored