First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Just did a four week trip across the country, and was amazed at how few Rangers I saw. I swear I've seen more in my town in BC on any given day then I did in any of the places we visited, including areas like Tetons and UT. Plenty of Tacos and F-150s of course. Are they really that rare on the ground?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen a few here and there but I've yet to see another Saber color in my area. When we went to UT and NV last fall I think I saw 2 the whole trip. Tacos and Gladiators were everywhere though especially at Zion. Our hotel parking lot was littered with Gladiators. :puke:

21VBRanger

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
I thought the same about the Kansas City area but if you really think about it they've only been around since 2019, and then 2020 covid hit so production slowed and 2021 the chip shortage so I am sure Ford hasn't been able to produce as many as they like. In my area today I saw 4 driving and a couple of neighbors have one. I'm sure once the chip shortage is done we will start seeing alot more of them.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
After reading over this forum for a while, you would guess they are all in climate controlled garages. Getting massages and taking photo shoots or torn down to add mods, then photo shoots. :LOL:
Really though, I would say the time frame of production is the main issue. Where I live, I see one every time I look in a different direction.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just did a four week trip across the country, and was amazed at how few Rangers I saw. I swear I've seen more in my town in BC on any given day then I did in any of the places we visited, including areas like Tetons and UT. Plenty of Tacos and F-150s of course. Are they really that rare on the ground?
In my experience...I see a Ranger once every other month...maybe...

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I am on the road everyday in and around the Toronto area I have only seen a handful of them, and only one Tremor which I guess is to be expected as they just hit the dealerships recently and at 54k CAD, I think it makes people think twice.

Meech_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line
I live in Wisconsin and used to think the same thing.

The other day I saw 3 other Rangers (2 red, 1 blue) in addition to mine all at the same grocery store ;)
They are definitely starting to pop up.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
I see some around San Diego but it’s interesting that there’s at least seven near my house. Neighborhood peer pressure I suppose:rockon: Now reduce that to the Rangers that are visibly modded and haven’t seen many at all. Maybe three including myself. A modded Ranger is a unique thing:thumbsup:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
... Are they really that rare on the ground?
You ask the right question. Since a majority of owners probably have a tune on, you know they do fly and wouldn't be spotted on the ground. Those on the ground are probably waiting to get one.:crackup:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You ask the right question. Since a majority of owners probably have a tune on, you know they do fly and wouldn't be spotted on the ground. Those on the ground are probably waiting to get one.:crackup:
Hi Terry,

I was just in Michigan in the Northern area of Detroit Metro. Sommerset Inn parking lot had two Rangers. I finally tracked down one owner to the front desk...She just loves her Ranger...Sabre Crew Cab.... She thanked me again for such a great truck...even when I told her I was long retired before the 5G truck.... Other truck was a fellow that modded it quite a bit but would not talk to anyone...a real sour puss...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored