Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I was quoted 8 f u c k i n g hours.....

Did you have the 2.0 kit installed at a Ford Dealer?
It was 5 hours to install the Fox kit that I provided at a local Ford Truck dealer.
Sponsored

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
It was 5 hours to install the Fox kit that I provided at a local Ford Truck dealer.
To be fair, that was a misquote for what they thought was a coilover service. The install only took about 5 hours in total with alignment.

Any photos of your Ranger with the Fox 2.0? I really like the composed feel it has now. Like everyone else has said; it's a very worthy upgrade.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, that was a misquote for what they thought was a coilover service. The install only took about 5 hours in total with alignment.

Any photos of your Ranger with the Fox 2.0? I really like the composed feel it has now. Like everyone else has said; it's a very worthy upgrade.
1642968474489.jpeg

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I was quoted 8 f u c k i n g hours.....

Did you have the 2.0 kit installed at a Ford Dealer?
That sounds like they don't want the job.

High ball you just in case you bite.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
All good, the guy at the desk thought it was a different task and quoted that instead. Ended up being about 4hrs
Still high. I'm not sure what book value is, but I'd think it would be .5 hour to an hour each corner.

Deleted member 15875

New Lariat owner here. The suspension, as mentioned by many others, can feel mushy and it seems to have faster rebound in the rear since it's a bit bouncy feeling.

Seems going with 5100's in the rear is a cost effective option that most seem to like, but I'm not tied to anything. For example, perhaps a set of Fox 2.0's might be better or Billsteins 6112's with springs?

Really not sure. I'm essentially looking for a more controlled ride with my Ranger, but nothing too harsh either. It''ll be on the road more than dirt. Not into rock crawling and that slow stuff. If anything, I prefer Baja style, faster terrain.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

20220929_131128 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
New Lariat owner here. The suspension, as most mention by others, can feel mushy at times along with faster rebound in the rear.

Seems going with 5100's in the rear is a cost effective option that most seem to like, but I'm not tied to anything. For example, perhaps a set of Fox 2.0's might be better or Billsteins 6112's with springs?

Really not sure, but coming from a moto background, I certainly have tons of experience setting up suspension. I'm essentially looking for a more controlled ride with my Ranger, but nothing too harsh either. It''ll be on the road more than dirt. Not into rock crawling and that slow stuff. If anything, I prefer Baja style, faster terrain.

20220929_131128 1.jpg
There is a huge range of opinions on this issue, including some members who like the stock suspension! I went with the Ford Performance (Fox) 2.0 Leveling Kit, which gives me "a more controlled ride" but "not too harsh."

Deleted member 15875

There is a huge range of opinions on this issue, including some members who like the stock suspension! I went with the Ford Performance (Fox) 2.0 Leveling Kit, which gives me "a more controlled ride" but "not too harsh."
Yep, totally understand. The Fox 2.0 and Billstein 6112's for the front (spring & damper), plus either the 5160 or 5100 for the rear dampers is where I'm leaning at the moment. For me, this truck is like a big boat in terms of how it rides. A big mushy ride.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
New Lariat owner here. The suspension, as mentioned by many others, can feel mushy and it seems to have faster rebound in the rear since it's a bit bouncy feeling.

Really not sure. I'm essentially looking for a more controlled ride with my Ranger, but nothing too harsh either. It''ll be on the road more than dirt. Not into rock crawling and that slow stuff. If anything, I prefer Baja style, faster terrain.

20220929_131128 1.jpg
I have Fox rears and will do the Fox fronts at some time. I ride on gravel/dirt forest roads a lot. If budget or time is an issue, immediately replace the rears to solve 80% of the bounce. Then do the fronts later, if at all.

If I only did street driving, I'd go with Bilsteins (stiffer then Fox) or even Eibachs (stiffer than Fox and Bilsteins).

Deleted member 15875

I have Fox rears and will do the Fox fronts at some time. I ride on gravel/dirt forest roads a lot. If budget or time is an issue, immediately replace the rears to solve 80% of the bounce. Then do the fronts later, if at all.

If I only did street driving, I'd go with Bilsteins (stiffer then Fox) or even Eibachs (stiffer than Fox and Bilsteins).
Thanks!

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Besides the price ? , whats the difference between the Fox "Tuned by Ford Performanc" kit

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/m-18000-ra-19-22-ranger-fox-ford-performance-2-suspension.html

and the regular Fox 2.0 kit?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/rngrstge14wd-19-22-ranger-fox-stage-1-suspension-package.html

The description is almost word for word, except where "Ford Performance" is inserted. ?
No, there is a difference between the Fox aftermarket and the tuned by Ford Fox kit. You can find it here.
Sponsored