Poor Paint Durability

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
S

Sorry for delay. Warranty first denied claim, dealer said to call Ford customer care direct because they didn’t see any reason for it to be denied. (They said most all paint claims get denied because of scratch and dent claims) went back and forth with Ford customer care and their final answer was “there are no programs in place to help with your issue” that “if you want you can go to another dealer, and submit warranty claim again, maybe they will take different pictures?”
overall it was a joke, I didn’t want to waster my time dealer hoping and playing games over it. The industry I work in is not having the best of times with the current economic status, so it’s been the last of my worries lately.
In the same boat. Paint issue waiting for ford to respond. Not of most importance at moment. Hope all works out well. Well see what ford does in the end.
Sponsored

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Noticed right away, that the door edges, even tho covered with a paint protective film, exhibited "impact" edge damage with even a slight impact---Ordered a Satin Black, quality edge guard-came in a roll, and applied it right over the film--Ran it from the "black" upper door trim to the bottom, and since it matches the upper door trim color, ended up complimenting the color nicely.
Very effective in protecting the paint, low cost, and stays on the door very well!!!:fingerscrossed:

DSC01671.JPG
Do you have a link for that?

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Noticed right away, that the door edges, even tho covered with a paint protective film, exhibited "impact" edge damage with even a slight impact---Ordered a Satin Black, quality edge guard-came in a roll, and applied it right over the film--Ran it from the "black" upper door trim to the bottom, and since it matches the upper door trim color, ended up complimenting the color nicely.
Very effective in protecting the paint, low cost, and stays on the door very well!!!:fingerscrossed:

DSC01671.JPG
Hi John; Just noticed your All Terrain Tires....I have the same rim....Like the Look....Do You Like them & what size tire are they?

Chappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2

DSC01671.JPG
What size tires are those? looks great!

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Truck bed before.jpg
Truck bed repair.jpg

Finally found time to repair it. Duplicolor Oxford white can $9.99 and Duplicolor clear $10.49 and some RustOleum bedliner that I had in my garage. First I tried to just use filler primer, but it wouldn't fix the chips in the factory rock guard. I had done a complete repair otherwise, but wasn't happy with it. I then masked off and did the bedliner to cover the deep chips in the factory stone guard. I then wet sanded the whole thing and went over it with 4 light coats of the White before doing 3 light and one heavy clear. It looks 95% better than before and for a day's time (all day with proper drying) and $25, I'm happy. I ordered some 3m clear to go over it, but I'm gonna let it dry good for a week or two before I apply. I did remove the wheel trim, wet sanded and re coated with multiple clear coats. It looks almost new. FYI, the moulding is very fragile!! You need a plastic trim tool and patience. I pooped off one of the molded fasteners, but luckily it glued back on no problem. Even the plastic trim tool wanted to leave marks in the molding. Very flimsy stuff!! The white isn't a perfect match, so I had to "feather/blend"(??) it in by working my can away and almost leaving an over spray. I then did the clear as mentioned, I let it dry 48 hours bfore doing a wet sand with 2000 grit followed my some Megs ultimate polish when I was done. It blended in great. At first I tried to mask a hard line, wet sand and then polish, but it was pretty noticeable, almost looked like a shadow line...

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
How durable is the Magnetic front bumper paint ?

Whiskeybilt

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
My black truck has chips and scratches everywhere, which suck because living in the caribbean it'll rust right out.