2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Ugh... that sucks. I'm curious:

Do you have mudflaps on your truck?

Stock wheels and tires or ??
Yep, I put the Ford molded splash guards on almost immediately after buying the truck. Stock tires and wheels. Ordered some RB20 running boards today. Front of the truck looks good. one small chip under passenger headlight (I noticed around 3,000 miles), 2 small chips on hood front edge. I have an AVS Aeroskin that I bought with the mudflaps, but I think it looks better without it. I'll touch up the hood and either go crazy with the 3M film when the weather gets nice, or I'll put the AVS on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yep, I put the Ford molded splash guards on almost immediately after buying the truck. Stock tires and wheels. Ordered some RB20 running boards today. Front of the truck looks good. one small chip under passenger headlight (I noticed around 3,000 miles), 2 small chips on hood front edge. I have an AVS Aeroskin that I bought with the mudflaps, but I think it looks better without it. I'll touch up the hood and either go crazy with the 3M film when the weather gets nice, or I'll put the AVS on.
I almost hate to ask... what's the build date of your truck?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Mine has seemed to have some chips here and there small ones really. 9,600 miles. Bought it late October ā€˜19. However yesterday while cleaning it and wiping it down I noticed a pretty significant flake starting to peel. Right at back of cab above bed line. I know nothing I have had in the bed would have hit it. (Had like one or two boxes in the bed since Iā€™ve owned it, being winter months.) itā€™s a pretty bad start to a peel and could cause some problems. Later on. Will be checking with dealer this week to see what I will be looking at moving forward.]
What the heck? :surprised: Looks like some sort of wood structure under the paint:question:

Will a magnet stick to that? :inspect:

Coloranger Cab Paint Issue.jpeg

Last edited:

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
I almost hate to ask... what's the build date of your truck?
5/19, purchased 6/19. Really has me disappointed in Ford in all honesty. It's beyond unacceptable.

Last edited:

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
What the heck? :surprised: Looks like some sort of wood structure under the paint:question:

Will a magnet stick to that? :inspect:

Coloranger Cab Paint Issue.jpeg
Magnet sticks. I think it was just poor reflection in my garage taking pictures. No rust or anything. I wash the truck every week and didnā€™t notice it till this week so itā€™s new for sure.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Be careful with the upper black part of the doors, too. I let my driver's door bump the wall of the garage and found out that it's not painted but covered in vinyl. There's a very tiny tear now.

WiredWeasel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5G Ranger
Reading this thread makes me wanna go out and apply paint protection to my entire vehicle in the dead of Canadian winter.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Mine looks similar to the white one floating around in this thread. It's complete Shite... Mod can combine these threads as I was rageposting from my cellphone and didn't bother searching for anything.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/super-paint.6438/

I've plasti-dipped it for the winter, and will be putting 3M on it after I bitch to the dealer. Maybe I can find some of that orange peel looking paint protectant and just mask it off and go over it thick with that...

Shouldn't have to basically have a brand new vehicle resprayed after year 1.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have just over 1000 miles and I found a chip on my door. Looks like someone opened the door into something. Iā€™m going to touch it up and then look for those stupid ass door jam protectors. I have a serious love hate relationship with vehicles.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Having the dealer replace the paint near the rear window wells. Started peeling off and the power washer stripped it. They agreed that shouldnā€™t happen. Clear coat bubbling as well. Will see how it goes.

561E84B5-EF10-449D-939A-35C2ED81CF5C.jpeg

D34ED45A-6F79-4229-A5CE-B9DC7154DE95.jpeg

F85C4823-9D5A-40C6-92C6-5D1DB3930BE3.jpeg

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts exactly, itā€™s an odd thing to see. Bad paint adherence, stress, who knows what caused it! Pretty crazy though for under 10k miles.
My 2012 6.7 with 215k on it looked better for paint durability.

ANY UPDATES???

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
The dealer I am basically forced to use said the paint chipping is normal and Ford will not cover it. I know what I'll doing when it gets warm.....

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
S
ANY UPDATES???
Sorry for delay. Warranty first denied claim, dealer said to call Ford customer care direct because they didnā€™t see any reason for it to be denied. (They said most all paint claims get denied because of scratch and dent claims) went back and forth with Ford customer care and their final answer was ā€œthere are no programs in place to help with your issueā€ that ā€œif you want you can go to another dealer, and submit warranty claim again, maybe they will take different pictures?ā€
overall it was a joke, I didnā€™t want to waster my time dealer hoping and playing games over it. The industry I work in is not having the best of times with the current economic status, so itā€™s been the last of my worries lately.

acsnowrider

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT
Occupation
RETIRED FORD ELECTRONIC/DRIVEABILITY TECH
Vehicle Showcase
Noticed right away, that the door edges, even tho covered with a paint protective film, exhibited "impact" edge damage with even a slight impact---Ordered a Satin Black, quality edge guard-came in a roll, and applied it right over the film--Ran it from the "black" upper door trim to the bottom, and since it matches the upper door trim color, ended up complimenting the color nicely.
Very effective in protecting the paint, low cost, and stays on the door very well!!!:fingerscrossed:

DSC01671.JPG
Sponsored