First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Haha well to be fair, I spent Jan-Mar this past year in Phoenix for work, and I was shocked at how cold it got in the morning. It was tough to pack a suitcase for 3 months of clothes to account for those cold frosty mornings and scorching heats in the afternoon!
These past 2 winters here have been much colder than normal, I was starting to look into being a snowbird in FL. lol You have to change cloths 3 times a day....Cold mornings,hot afternoons and cold again after sunset. At least there's no snow!
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Honestly I'm curious how you guys are getting low fuel economy like that. Im in the Rockies in Colorado and pull STEEP GRADES going to and from work. Before I got a true I was averaging around 22 MPG. After getting my tunes from Livernois I have been able to average around 24 MPG and that includes my lift From Old Man EMU, Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3's and the FX4 skid plates.

If anything I'm wondering if people here are either stomping it at the red lights and/or have agressive mud tires.
While I do have 265/70/17 Wildpeaks, my driving environment is probably the absolute worst for MPG.

My trips are almost all less than 10 miles and the truck never fully reaches operating temperature.

I'm averaging around 16 mpg on Premium only and not hot rodding around.

I've just ordered the Livernois tune.

Hopefully it will improve it somewhat.

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Well I get gas at the same 2 places and basically drive the same area. The only thing I've done different a couple months ago was turn off TC and mines gone UP. So either I'm blind or my Fuelly app and my hand calcs are all wrong. :crazy:
My Fuelly App has me at 25.6 mpg over 210 miles logged. My dashboard has me at 17.8 mpg today with 410 miles. Shell or Exxon 93 octane, always the same two stations. Most of my trips were within 2 miles of my house since March 10th. I used 1/2 tank of gas the first 6 weeks of the Covid shutdown. My driving habits would probably be best described as " teenager in a Mustang GT". I'm going to believe the the Fuelly app, for now.
Sponsored