Poor Paint Durability

Dmax

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
S

Sorry for delay. Warranty first denied claim, dealer said to call Ford customer care direct because they didn’t see any reason for it to be denied. (They said most all paint claims get denied because of scratch and dent claims) went back and forth with Ford customer care and their final answer was “there are no programs in place to help with your issue” that “if you want you can go to another dealer, and submit warranty claim again, maybe they will take different pictures?”
overall it was a joke, I didn’t want to waster my time dealer hoping and playing games over it. The industry I work in is not having the best of times with the current economic status, so it’s been the last of my worries lately.
In the same boat. Paint issue waiting for ford to respond. Not of most importance at moment. Hope all works out well. Well see what ford does in the end.

Advertisement

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Noticed right away, that the door edges, even tho covered with a paint protective film, exhibited "impact" edge damage with even a slight impact---Ordered a Satin Black, quality edge guard-came in a roll, and applied it right over the film--Ran it from the "black" upper door trim to the bottom, and since it matches the upper door trim color, ended up complimenting the color nicely.
Very effective in protecting the paint, low cost, and stays on the door very well!!!:fingerscrossed:

DSC01671.JPG
Do you have a link for that?

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Noticed right away, that the door edges, even tho covered with a paint protective film, exhibited "impact" edge damage with even a slight impact---Ordered a Satin Black, quality edge guard-came in a roll, and applied it right over the film--Ran it from the "black" upper door trim to the bottom, and since it matches the upper door trim color, ended up complimenting the color nicely.
Very effective in protecting the paint, low cost, and stays on the door very well!!!:fingerscrossed:

DSC01671.JPG
Hi John; Just noticed your All Terrain Tires....I have the same rim....Like the Look....Do You Like them & what size tire are they?

Chappy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2

DSC01671.JPG
What size tires are those? looks great!