First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm debating 5 Star vs Livernois. 5 star claims 75 hp increase and I believe right at 90 ft lbs of torque
Livernois does give more power, it also gives you Factory tools from the Factory Scan tool(KOEO, KOER tests, clear KAM, and crank relearn). It is also at a much lower cost. 2 of my coworkers went with 5 Star and they told me they got it tuned for the high elevation. When I contacted Livernois they told.me it adjusts automatically.
Sponsored

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. They have great customer service also. I called them to ask a few questions on the Ranger tunes. I spent about 15 minutes on the phone. They know what they're doing over there.

OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
@AzScorpion thanks for the detailed reply! It's so strange that people are getting wildly different MPG figures. I thought mine was starting to suffer because it is getting warmer in Michigan and I've actually had to start turning on the A/C. But then I realized A/C in 80 F weather shouldn't be affecting MPG nearly as much lol. Sounds like my situation isn't unheard of, as @Dick Richie chimed in too. Also, @Ace Holliday thanks for the suggestion on the air filter. I didn't even think about that and I wouldn't be surprised if mine needs to be changed since I go off road a lot. Could be causing some issues. Either way, I'll probably take it in to the dealer at some point to see if they can diagnose any fuel mapping issues.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
I'm on a 3" level and 265/70/17 goodyear wrangler at's.
MPG went down from around 24.5 average to 21.8 average.

Do I care?
Not one damn bit. It was to be expected with a larger tire, and more exerted drivetrain load.

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Considering my last truck, I'm good with 16 mpg. I went with the 265/70/17 over the larger diameter to keep a holeshot advantage stoplight to stoplight in Houston traffic. Custom tune will be the next upgrade. My Ranger looked like a rental vehicle before.

IMG_4848.jpg

OP
OP
doug910

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

Do I care?
Not one damn bit. It was to be expected with a larger tire, and more exerted drivetrain load.
Yeah a drop from mid 20s to low 20s is totally expected. I wouldn't care at all either - it's the price you pay for the larger tires and lift. But when you're seeing MPGs in the mid-teens, it starts to get annoying and worrisome.

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

Do I care?
Are you using the auto start/stop in traffic? I see you're in Baton Rouge. When I lived there I spent most of my time sitting at red lights. I keep mine in sport mode to keep the air blowing cold on short trips. My driving habits would be considered poor from a fuel mileage standpoint. Your average mpg is about what I would expect on a road trip.

I Truck Naked

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Jaguar / Land Rover Senior Technician
Are you using the auto start/stop in traffic? I see you're in Baton Rouge. When I lived there I spent most of my time sitting at red lights. I keep mine in sport mode to keep the air blowing cold on short trips. My driving habits would be considered poor from a fuel mileage standpoint. Your average mpg is about what I would expect on a road trip.
I actually live in Gonzales and work in BR. I use auto stop, but 90% of my driving is I-10

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m getting 23 with a bone stock lariat fx4. I do have a cap on it and I’m not light in the pedal, but I’m not horsing it either. I also have 3300 miles on it.

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
My XLT 4x4 with a Fox light and factiry tures just averaged 20.8 MPG on a trip across 2 states, 3/4s interstate @80-85MPG and 1/4 mountain roads and offroad.......

I cannot complain as over the course of this trip I out 2k on my truck out of its current 2600. Compared to my old truck 20mpg is amazing! Although not what the EPA numbers claim.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
With the heat getting up there in Phoenix (100+) and the truck sitting in the drive way, I noticed the AC is running at max all the time - and my fuel is suffering. I'm getting about 18mpg on stock tires.

Just did an oil change and that usually made a significant difference in my Fusion for MPG - good for 3 or 4 MPG gain. Will see if this one is the same.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
With the heat getting up there in Phoenix (100+) and the truck sitting in the drive way, I noticed the AC is running at max all the time - and my fuel is suffering. I'm getting about 18mpg on stock tires.

Just did an oil change and that usually made a significant difference in my Fusion for MPG - good for 3 or 4 MPG gain. Will see if this one is the same.
I used to live in the phoenix area and i cam say the heat us causing most of your loss of MPG. Up here in the Rockies I don't even notice a change with or without a/c.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I am averaging 17 around town going stop sign to stop sign.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
I'm getting 17-21 around town and 20-22 on the highway at 70-75mph with 285/70/17s with a big spacer and a 2.25" level. The truck MPG gauge is about 1-1.5mpg optimistic so it often shows 22-24mpg highway and it's pretty consistently over 25mpg on 55-60mph roads.

I find I get 2-3mpg more in tow/haul mode in all situations, so the higher end of my ranges are usually in tow/haul. It runs a very steady 21.5-22mpg at 75mph in tow/haul assuming the start and end elevation is similar.
IMG_4759.JPG

Dick Richie

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Made a couple of freeway trips (in town) in the last 4 days. Added the Rough country 2.5 and 1.5 hub centric wheel spacers since my last reply. I'm at 17.9 mpg running Exxon 93 octane as of today on 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3's.
fullsizeoutput_6ef.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: