One Touch Open/ Close Window Module Interest Thread

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
Decided to order the tau module. Hopefully the install goes simple.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
If this works with the SuperCab variant, I'm in. (Ford Ranger 2020 Lariat, SuperCab, 2 window)

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Just got Trac-Electonics module installed this afternoon. I love the fact that I can now roll my windows up with the Ford pass app.
Hey Bruce
Ive been planing on doing the Trac Electronics module as well. Love that it does both mirrors and windows in 1 and is all plug install.
Where does the module reside? In the door or the truck?
Any chance you took pictures?

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
@moderators @admin can we lock this thread as I'm no longer doing runs on these. If people want to talk about the other brand modules they can start a new thread about them.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Anyone else started having problems with this module? The windows no longer roll up on lock and now my front passenger window keeps stopping on the way up. Even if I hold the switch, it'll roll up 20% then stop. Hit it again, another 20% then stops. Again, this isn't even with auto up, it will do this if I physically hold the switch up.
It worked flawlessly for more than a year until recently.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Anyone else started having problems with this module? The windows no longer roll up on lock and now my front passenger window keeps stopping on the way up. Even if I hold the switch, it'll roll up 20% then stop. Hit it again, another 20% then stops. Again, this isn't even with auto up, it will do this if I physically hold the switch up.
Check the connection for the lock. My passenger window started to slow down but once I cleaned them it was OK again.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
URGENT UPDATE!!!
I did the full install on my Ranger and it works great EXCEPT when I was washing my vehicle several weeks ago with a foam cannon my windows rolled down without me doing anything to make that happen! I did not see it happen and when I foamed over what I thought was a closed window I foamed the interior! To add insult to injury I thought something was wrong with my foam cannon and I sprayed the area a second time! To quote Ralphie in "A Christmas Carroll".... "FUDGEEEEE"
Assuming the foam cannon was the main culprit I shit canned the offending object... Silly me...
Yesterday I was doing a "Quick Wash" to remove the suicidal Love Bugs that littered my truck and the action of the water from the hose across my door handles opened the windows! This time you intrepid reporter was paying attention and I ceased hosing until I closed the windows.
My first order of business (after coffee) this morning was to pop off the door panel and clip, seal and zip tie the offending wires!

So a word of advice for those that have enabled this feature and those who may do so with a future install, Do So At Your Own Risk, you have been fore warned...

BTW: After the foam cannon incident and subsequent my interior was sparkling clean! :crackup:
Was your truck running when you had this incident?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
URGENT UPDATE!!!
I did the full install on my Ranger and it works great EXCEPT when I was washing my vehicle several weeks ago with a foam cannon my windows rolled down without me doing anything to make that happen! I did not see it happen and when I foamed over what I thought was a closed window I foamed the interior! To add insult to injury I thought something was wrong with my foam cannon and I sprayed the area a second time! To quote Ralphie in "A Christmas Carroll".... "FUDGEEEEE"
Assuming the foam cannon was the main culprit I shit canned the offending object... Silly me...
Yesterday I was doing a "Quick Wash" to remove the suicidal Love Bugs that littered my truck and the action of the water from the hose across my door handles opened the windows! This time you intrepid reporter was paying attention and I ceased hosing until I closed the windows.
My first order of business (after coffee) this morning was to pop off the door panel and clip, seal and zip tie the offending wires!

So a word of advice for those that have enabled this feature and those who may do so with a future install, Do So At Your Own Risk, you have been fore warned...

BTW: After the foam cannon incident and subsequent my interior was sparkling clean! :crackup:
I've experienced both of these issues. ?

During the wash I had the keys in my pocket. I usually wash the truck at home with the keys inside the truck. Freak accident? Not sure.
I noticed the window not closing all the way a few days ago and will re-try.

Pulling the fuse may be a reset?

festo702

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger xlt
Would anyone know where it's possible to buy just the harness for the US? I purchased one of these on ebay and they sent me one for a right hand drive ranger. I tried to switch out the wires and I ended up pretty much destroying it. I don't want to have to purchase a whole new unit if I can just get the correct harness.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired

Pjt1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah site says 150 wasn't sure if it was us dollars or not. Thanks for answering my post. How does it work after install?
Sponsored