RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I just sent this in a private message to RCMustang since he was the originator of this awesome mod but if anyone else reads this and can help clarify whether you originally had to hold the lock button for a few seconds to get the windows roll up or if they roll up automatically when you lock the truck. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I ordered and received my Auto window module from Australia recently early September 19 and it was pretty easy to install other than also breaking the fiber optic light for the inside door handle on my lariat Like someone else did. No biggie, just cost me 50 bucks to get a new one. Anyway it works really well and I love it but I just figured out that when I Lock the doors either from the fab or by pressing on one of the door handles, all the windows roll up. This is normally a good thing but the other day I needed to put my small dog in the back seat so I could quickly go into the market. I rolled all the windows down a crack before I turned the engine off and got out. I locked the car And sure enough the windows all rolled up. I was parked in the shade so I ended up just opening the small rear window by the truck bed but this could be a problem if I ever do have to leave my dog in the car for a few minutes. I guess this is just how it works so I’m sure I’m going to probably just leave the doors unlocked if I have to go in the market or somewhere for a few minutes. When I first got it hooked up I thought you had to hold the lock button Down for a few seconds to get all the windows to roll uo and thought that’s how it was working at first but now I’m not sure since I never actually roll down the windows and just tried to lock the truck to see if they would all roll up. Anyway, you’re kind of the guru on quite a few mods Including the originator of this one so I thought I would connect with you and see if you had any thoughts or if there was any way to change it, or if it was originally designed to where are you had to hold the lock button down for a few seconds to close the windows and something might have happened or went wrong in the modus that possibly changed the original functionality. Let me know what you think and how it was originally designed if you have a moment. Thank you very much! Richard
Here's my reply from the PM.

The close feature is 1 push lock. Not hold. Never has been hold. If you want vent the windows there's a feature in the instructions that show you how to vent the windows. After you lock the truck and the windows are fully up, you can push unlock, lock, unlock, lock. It will roll them down about a half inch or so. If you want more repeat the sequence as many times as you want.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Here's my reply from the PM.

The close feature is 1 push lock. Not hold. Never has been hold. If you want vent the windows there's a feature in the instructions that show you how to vent the windows. After you lock the truck and the windows are fully up, you can push unlock, lock, unlock, lock. It will roll them down about a half inch or so. If you want more repeat the sequence as many times as you want.
Lock doors, wait for windows to start rolling up, then hit lock when they get where you want them to be. That's how I do it. your alternative is to install a toggle switch to disable the remote functions.

mrphixit

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Retired 1988
WTF My 2 year old Toyota Prius has the great window up down thing. Is ford using middle schooleres for design techs???

Dallas09m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Super Crew

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Did you hear back about your question if it will work on US 2019 Ranger?
Yes it does. I haven't pulled the plug yet because I haven't seen any independent reviews of this module and haven't been in a big rush to spend $ on more mods. Has anyone else tried it yet with good success?

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
$175 to ship to the US.
Have you purchased and installed one yet? I read some info in this thread about a copy of the Redtek mirror module being sold by another Australian company . Not sure if it is Trac Electronics that copied it and if they also stole the window module design from Redtek. It looks like the price has also gone up in the last few months.

Dallas09m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Super Crew
Have you purchased and installed one yet? I read some info in this thread about a copy of the Redtek mirror module being sold by another Australian company . Not sure if it is Trac Electronics that copied it and if they also stole the window module design from Redtek. It looks like the price has also gone up in the last few months.
I just ordered it for $128.57 USD including tax and shipping . It should arrive Dec 18th. Nice Christmas present for myself .

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
It’s supposed to be plug and play. Shipping tracker says it will be here on December 19th. I will update after I put it in.
I contacted the seller and they said that the LH drive module can only be purchased on their site and the RH drive is on Ebay; it is likely that yours is not plug-n-play based on their response. Let us know.

Last edited:

Peterzo

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew XLT 3.5 lift
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I contacted the seller and they said that the RH drive module can only be purchased on their site and the LH drive is on Ebay; it is likely that yours is not plug-n-play based on their response. Let us know.
Don't we want the left hand drive module here in the states? Why would you order Right Drive ?
Sponsored