First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Have you had a chance to use the CRC GDI intake valve cleaner yet? Is this product tested and verified to not cause issues and help with the carbon buildup? I just found it earlier today browsing youtube and took a shot searching for it on here and found your post, so thought i'd ask.
I used the CRC GDI cleaner every other oil change on my two Ecoboost Mustangs, never got around to snaking my bore scope down into the intake to take a look at the valves to see how good it was doing. Did see a YouTube video where some took pictures before and after and it made a very noticeable improvement. The engine had a lot of build up and based on the video I would think if you start using it early and do it regularly it would keep build up at bay.

FWIW, CRC has been around since the 40s and has always been a very reputable company with solid products. I have a soft spot for them because when I was an incoming freshman engineering student they provided all the engineering students with a copy of their engineering math tables and a copy of the mechanical engineers handbook. For a broke college student that was pretty significant.
Sponsored

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I used the CRC GDI cleaner every other oil change on my two Ecoboost Mustangs, never got around to snaking my bore scope down into the intake to take a look at the valves to see how good it was doing. Did see a YouTube video where some took pictures before and after and it made a very noticeable improvement. The engine had a lot of build up and based on the video I would think if you start using it early and do it regularly it would keep build up at bay.

FWIW, CRC has been around since the 40s and has always been a very reputable company with solid products. I have a soft spot for them because when I was an incoming freshman engineering student they provided all the engineering students with a copy of their engineering math tables and a copy of the mechanical engineers handbook. For a broke college student that was pretty significant.
In your opinion should this treatment be done prior to an oil change or does it matter?

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
In your opinion should this treatment be done prior to an oil change or does it matter?
I have always done that kind of thing just prior to an oil change.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I always did it first then the oil change. Mainly to get the oil warm so it would drain faster and more completely. Can't imagine it would really make a difference.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
After roughly two full years, I have filled my 750ml bottle with the crap from my catch can. Obviously most of it is water. So… now what lol

A5696BD6-6ED2-425C-9AB0-A0D35EE49157.jpeg

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
color reminds me of the time I got insanely drunk on rusty nails, went to a bar and the nails were served in a 10 ounce glass instead of smaller drink glass. Couldn't help myself, think I had 4 maybe 5 of them before I realized I wasn't going to be driving that night.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
After my catch can install, if that thing fills up frequently, ill add one of these and see if there is any difference!
I put a sock over mine because it tends to mist a bit. I change the sock every other oil change, beats buying their new filters..:)

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I put a sock over mine because it tends to mist a bit. I change the sock every other oil change, beats buying their new filters..:)
Anyone ever complain about a feet smell inside the truck ?

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
After roughly two full years, I have filled my 750ml bottle with the crap from my catch can. Obviously most of it is water. So… now what lol

A5696BD6-6ED2-425C-9AB0-A0D35EE49157.jpeg
Get a new bottle????

I put a catch can on last week. 400 miles later and I poured this out. Only 400 miles.

Catch can.jpeg

Catch can 2.jpeg

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Got this guy installed. It will be interesting to see how it works. There is a little plastic ball inside the housing that seats flat when the valve is straight up and down. The ranger cap is at a very very slight angle so hopefully the ball will stay seated correctly. Stole one of my wife’s socks to cover the filter from other comments on here.

D8659C4F-6495-4CF6-AF1A-B164DCB18B61.jpeg
0EE977EB-9788-4F13-AE6B-84CF4DC97FEC.jpeg

Side note, checked the oil and it was past the hatch marks to the top hole. Smelled like fuel still and the inside of the oem cap had a little milky residue. Oil change was done 600 miles ago and it was at the halfway point in the hash area right after the oil change.

891A7A41-ABEF-4EC6-A0DC-DE39585DBC9A.jpeg
C5C332CA-95F9-4683-9C0B-3D70FB94484F.jpeg
Figured I would re-post this here. Ended up ordering the crank case breather and stuck it on. Still plan on installing my UPR CC when the weather warms up.

Also found this thread below. Maybe it will help with the amount of condensation the catch can catches?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...der-hard-acceleration.5486/page-3#post-374847

rbenne17

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Figured I would re-post this here. Ended up ordering the crank case breather and stuck it on. Still plan on installing my UPR CC when the weather warms up.

Also found this thread below. Maybe it will help with the amount of condensation the catch can catches?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...der-hard-acceleration.5486/page-3#post-374847
Get a new bottle????

I put a catch can on last week. 400 miles later and I poured this out. Only 400 miles.

Catch can.jpeg

Catch can 2.jpeg
All this catch-can talk has got me thinking. Why do we want to CATCH the blow by gas/oil/water mixture and have to worry about emptying it? Why not just vent it straight to the pavement going down the road? It's mostly water anyway. The amount of oil contained in the mixture is minute compared to the amount that vehicles regularly LEAK while driving down the road. Then just plug the inlet line that fed this crap to the top of the valves causing the carbon build-up. It seems to me that would produce a much cleaner fuel/air/burn mixture without mixing in those unwanted contaminants. What kind of warning light would I trigger if I did this you think?

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman

I have always had great experience with their products. Their brake clean is the best. I plan to use there GDI cleaner at my next oil change and at every one after.
Sponsored