Official map update coming soon…. (Sep, 2022)

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Downloading on my PC now... free. 40 dollars if the download fails, or I want the official USB mailed to me.

I'll report back.

Frank
Before you install it make sure it’s looking for the license file it actually gave you. The 424. You can check the file name in the installer. Last two year that got screwed up when the maps went live for downloads.
Sponsored

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Before you install it make sure it’s looking for the license file it actually gave you. The 424. You can check the file name in the installer. Last two year that got screwed up when the maps went live for downloads.
Thanks!

Frank

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Yes, though not quite $100.

I believe that it was $40 the last time I checked.

Even at $40, that's a no from me Dawg.

I think I've used the built-in nav only once.

I use my phone for nav.
I used google maps in iPhone last week to find an address - played through the Sync 3 audio - worked quite well and was easy to use. If I was using Apple Car Play instead, I could have had the visuals on the Sync 3 screen too.

Thinking I paid $40 + tax for the last map update.

IMG_1657.JPG

cetihcra

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor, 501A/Tech/Tow
Occupation
Architect
I just wish google maps showed up on the right screen in the lariat cluster when using CarPlay.
CarPlay is getting a massive overhaul later this year, hopefully our vehicles will be on the list of those getting the new stuff. The update is supposed to allow us to customize all of our screens, and control radio and HVAC via CarPlay. Woot!

r

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
CarPlay is getting a massive overhaul later this year, hopefully our vehicles will be on the list of those getting the new stuff. The update is supposed to allow us to customize all of our screens, and control radio and HVAC via CarPlay. Woot!

r
I won't hold my breath for that on Sync 3. For Car Play to integrate that closely with the car controls might even require new hardware. There are no standards for these things meaning all manufacturers write their own interfaces. Maybe, if we're lucky, Car Play will become the standard.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Seems like a lot if work to update a map I never use.

My phone updates all on it's own.

cetihcra

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor, 501A/Tech/Tow
Occupation
Architect
I won't hold my breath for that on Sync 3. For Car Play to integrate that closely with the car controls might even require new hardware. There are no standards for these things meaning all manufacturers write their own interfaces. Maybe, if we're lucky, Car Play will become the standard.
Same, not really holding my breath. I think the full integration won’t be complete til late 2023, so when we all trade up to G6, mayyybe we’ll have it. Ford is listed as a dev partner, FWTW.

r

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I just want to pass on that I just got an email from Ford:
Hi Robert,

New Map = New Adventures.

Make more memories on the road with the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update, now available for your 2019 Ford Ranger. No matter your destination, you’ll be informed of all the new roads and ways to get there. Other new features you can enjoy with the latest software update* include:

- Speed limit updates
- Updated turn restrictions and traffic changes
- New Points of Interest

Visit your local Ford Dealership or click on the link below to start your update today.

Let us help you update.

**I downloaded the file on my slow internet in about an hour and fifteen minutes.
11.8 GB update file, 936 KB instruction file and 2KB License file.

Copied the files over to a Samsung Fit USB 3.0 stick.
I have the truck connected to a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger.
Closed the hood, removed the other USB stick with music files, inserted the USB drive into the left USB socket, turned the key to the ON position and it is running the installation.
Cheers! Robert

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I just want to pass on that I just got an email from Ford:
Hi Robert,

New Map = New Adventures.

Make more memories on the road with the SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update, now available for your 2019 Ford Ranger. No matter your destination, you’ll be informed of all the new roads and ways to get there. Other new features you can enjoy with the latest software update* include:

- Speed limit updates
- Updated turn restrictions and traffic changes
- New Points of Interest

Visit your local Ford Dealership or click on the link below to start your update today.

Let us help you update.

**I downloaded the file on my slow internet in about an hour and fifteen minutes.
11.8 GB update file, 936 KB instruction file and 2KB License file.

Copied the files over to a Samsung Fit USB 3.0 stick.
I have the truck connected to a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger.
Closed the hood, removed the other USB stick with music files, inserted the USB drive into the left USB socket, turned the key to the ON position and it is running the installation.
Cheers! Robert
The rest of the email looks like this:

*Data points above represent changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21.
Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.

61x54.png
ENHANCED
DRIVING EXPERIENCE
61x70.png
IMPROVED
PRODUCTIVITY
Here's Whats New*
  • Millions of New Map Updates
  • New Roads
  • Speed Limit Updates
  • New Points of Interest
  • Updated Turn Restrictions & Traffic Changes
*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.
261x424.png
Ship Directly to Your Home or Contact Your Local Ford Dealership to Update Today
NEW 5 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
$199
Other annual update options available: Preloaded USB shipped directly to you for $149 or 1 file download for $109
200x100.png
Unsubscribe

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The rest of the email looks like this:

*Data points above represent changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21.
Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.
61x54.png
ENHANCED
DRIVING EXPERIENCE
61x70.png
IMPROVED
PRODUCTIVITY

Here's Whats New*
  • Millions of New Map Updates
  • New Roads
  • Speed Limit Updates
  • New Points of Interest
  • Updated Turn Restrictions & Traffic Changes
*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q2 21. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.

261x424.png

Ship Directly to Your Home or Contact Your Local Ford Dealership to Update Today

NEW 5 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION PLAN
$199

Other annual update options available: Preloaded USB shipped directly to you for $149 or 1 file download for $109

200x100.png
Unsubscribe

Not sure what I'm missing here but the website lets you download the update for free. I bought the 'paid' option on a USB thumb drive for $40 like I did the previous update.

Used 2a charger for shorepower as this is a time consuming process. My unit had to update to a more current firmware before the map update could be installed.

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I should have mentioned that. The link did not come out correctly on that cut and paste.
The "Update Sync 3 Map" is a gold colored box on the email which leads you to the download site.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Not sure what I'm missing here but the website lets you download the update for free. I bought the 'paid' option on a USB thumb drive for $40 like I did the previous update.

Used 2a charger for shorepower as this is a time consuming process. My unit had to update to a more current firmware before the map update could be installed.
WHAT, no EDG on board connected via an ABT? ?
Sponsored